IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel - County Court Claim

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a self-signed contract. It does not come from the owner. Cockcroft works for/is a director of Excel and not the landowner.
  • juke_joint
    Options
    Exactly - I should have done the same and claimed I was the owner and they were trespassing.
  • juke_joint
    Options
    Not sure if this is the ref you're after but it says on the notice of allocation that the claim ref is : C8DP94P5. What can you do with that?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    What a joke of a judge.

Almost as bad as some of those judges in the Bournemouth area from a few years ago who mostly sided with the PPC regardless what arguments were put forward
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    juke_joint wrote: »
    It was Fay Wright and we took in copies of POFA (pt4) in, but she paid no attention to it - or the EvL argument. We had no chance. Someone else from the Fight Your Parking Invoice FB group had the same outcome with a similar defence.

We have no money or time to appeal - I'll try and find the case number.

You should consider an appeal, if you are genuine. Some here are not convinced as we can't see how this case was lost and it seemed to be a set up 'warning' to frighten Lamilad.

This Judge has learned a lot from Lamilad's defence exhibits and you say you offered the same sort of defence but she ignored it. So you have time to put in for an appeal re-arguing the issue of no keeper liability because the Judge very clearly erred.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You should consider an appeal, if you are genuine. Some here are not convinced as we can't see how this case was lost and it seemed to be a set up 'warning' to frighten Lamilad.

This Judge has learned a lot from Lamilad's defence exhibits and you say you offered the same sort of defence but she ignored it. So you have time to put in for an appeal re-arguing the issue of no keeper liability because the Judge very clearly erred.

I think JJ would definitely win an appeal. The judge said yesterday when I was picking them apart on PoFA that although she has heard many cases like this previously she couldn't believe these points had never been brought to her attention before.

I think JJ is genuine as they have been posting on the FB group "Fight your private parking invoice"
  • juke_joint
    Options
    We can't afford Xmas - never mind an appeal.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If you play your cards properly, not only should it cost you nothing, you may make a bob or two. You will never accumulate if you do not speculate.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JJ suggest you move on and learn from it.

People lose all the time - and win all the time at court. It's down to the judge on the day. They say "'Generals always fight the last war..." so there are a lot of armchair generals here wanting you to go back rather than forward. IMHO move on and help others by telling them your story so they don't get caught out.
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Hi

Dont suppose you can put the Bradford Met email up via a PDF can you...got similar issues there myself

cm62
    cm62
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family