Payment a Day Chapter 17

Options

Comments

• LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Morning everyone

I'm the opposite this morning keedie, can't seem to wake up! Last 'get up' of the week though, hoping for a lay-in tomorrow and Sunday.

MY PAD today is £1.02 bank round down to credit card please

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    milky1991 wrote: »
    Hello can I rejoin been MIA since November last year when my other half lost her job, so things have been tight money wise.
    I need to get back to reducing that debt or it will never go away, been treading water with it lately.

My pad today is £1 :j

milky this is no crime! You so will clear this debt. I stalled quite a few times in DFJ. Any ideas anyone how to give milky's DFJ some much needed oomph? Brain died yesterday - can't think of any offhand :(

Keedie wrote: »
    Hiya Everyone,

I'm counting down the days until my redundancy payment comes through, as I am struggling at the moment, but pooling together my pennies to keep padding, so that I feel more in control of the situation... :(

My bank skim today is £2.88 please Dizzy, going to MBNA.

Thanks,
    Keedie
    xx

if padding helps you feel in control then go for it. Spreadsheets do it for me LOL....sounds very positive :)

Keedie wrote: »
    Morning All,

Not been able to sleep hence I am awake at stupid-o-clock.

My PAD for today is my minimum payment to MBNA of £49.40 please Dizzy.

Wishing you all a good day.

Thanks,
    Keedie
    xx

try 2am and now sore arms from lugging home cheap microwave with a bad cold yesterday LOL. Seems like normal get up time for me- starting the day at 3am is silly o'clock LOL (done that today rofl)

Have a good day

e
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you got that Friday feeling yet? Oh...c'mon - it's the weekend :j Apologies to anyone that has to work...:(

Wow! Thursday's total was an amazing £2538.27. Well done Keedie with your splendid effort but I'm still wincing from the extra holiday cost. Nightmare!

When are you getting married ahall? Will I need a hat? :rotfl: Weddings are so expensive, even if you're doing all the planning yourself, so good luck with this enormous challenge. Have you got a theme or colours in mind yet?

Happy (belated) birthday Mandz. I hope you had a lovely day. I don't have any of Erme's delicious cake pictures, so can just offer this to you...:bdaycake:

Have a great day everyone x

Oops, nearly forgot - I'm PADding £40 to the boys' savings today.
  • jet9cat
    jet9cat Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Mandz

PAD of £450 for me today please

Great to see the thread so active at the moment
    Every penny's a prisoner
    PADding is addictive
    MFW August 2023 - unless I get my butt into gear :D
  • milky1991
    milky1991 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A pad of £2.42 for me today please dizzy.
    I need to sit down and total up what I owe, I know it's increased since last year started in dec 2013 owing just over 12 K and got it down to around 9 K , it won't be that now
    As of 24th August 2016 total money owed was
    £15,708 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Argh! My internet banking is down so I can't PAD yet :mad: will have to pop back later instead!

Morning all anyway, see you again later! x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Keedie
    Keedie Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I'm starting to feel extra sleepy now! I've been up since yesterday morning as I couldn't sleep a wink last nigh...:cry:

Erme - I have a spreadsheet as well, which adds up all of my payments across all 5 (remaining) creditors, and it shows me the percentage repaid for each one, and the overall percentage repaid. That's how I am to update my signature easily on a daily basis. I just update the relevant creditor's tab that I've made a PAD to, and it auto calculates on the summary page to state the amount repaid and outstanding. Seeing the percentage go from zero to 11.32% due to PADding has helped me so much! It has reduced some of my anxiety as well :T

Dizzy - the two guesthouses we'd booked back in February was cancelled by the owner 2 weeks ago and we go to NYC next month, so we had to pay more to find an alternative to accommodate the 7 of us as cheaper properties had sold out :mad::mad: but we sorted it and the bridging loan from my dad has been half repaid and the rest will be sent to me by next week from my fellow travellers. but until I receive it, I am still the one in debt to my dad :(:(

Oh well, there goes a chunk of my spending money until it's repaid...

Keedie,
    xx
    Debt Free Diary:- The Mental Debt Struggle
    Debt Tracking Restart Take 3 from 01/05/2023 = £23,643.30 (8 creditors) So, on 02/04/2024 = £15,543.30/£23,643.30 (1 creditor) = 65.74% repaid Aiming to be Debt Free = 31/12/2025

CREDITORS: Barclaycard (£6,066.23/£14,166.23) 42.82% repaid

(Original Debt on 15/07/2016 was £33,056.76) 🙈

2024 SAVINGS: Emergency Fund (£220.99/£1,000) 22.10% saved || #5 50 Envelope Challenge 6/50
    2024 CHALLENGES: #30 Debt Free by Xmas 2024 (£2,030/£6,750) 30.07% repaid
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Afternoon all - another visit from me as I've finally been able to make my PAD - £10.00 for me today please Dizzy :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £1 for me again
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • mandz1
    mandz1 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Options
    £3.19 to credit card today