🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EE and refusal to repair iphone

Options
maria41
maria41 Posts: 13 Forumite
edited 7 June 2016 at 12:11PM in Mobiles
We purchased an Iphone 6s for our daughter in November 2015 from EE.
after a couple of months the phone started continually searching for the network, we phoned ee who stated it was a common problem and advised us to reset factory settings. We did this and the phone worked for a few days and then reverted back.
We phoned EE again who advised us to take the phone in to a local EE shop to be sent for repair.
We did this and at the store they took the phone in to the back for 30 mins and then provided us with a receipt saying the phone was in good condition, no water damage, dents or cosmetic damage.
We received a call today saying that due to a bend in the phone the apple warranty is not valid, after lots of calls they sent me the photos of the phone that show an obvious bend and damage to the screen (this may only be the screen protector that my daughter has put on, but is very noticeable), when I queried this with EE (or their repair people) they stated the following.
" The device is bent and such damage may have been overlooked by the store, but ultimately, any physical damage of this kind would void the manufacturer warranty, whether related to the fault or not. "

there was no damage to the phone when we handed it over to the shop, which is evidenced by the receipt.
after two hours of calls, they have now said they will investigate because I have the receipt from the store, but were already attempting to challenge this by saying I must have signed a terms and conditions which states that the store do not have final say on condition, it is down to the repair technician, I have advised them that I was not given any such note and they kept stating, well they just didn't follow their policy.

firstly I would ask how can it be accurate that "any damage, whether related to the fault will invalidate the warranty??? and secondly any advise due to the new sale of goods act and its application.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family