The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    I've always fancied a steam cleaner ... maybe one day :undecided

I did join F&cebook many years ago but gave it up... it done "my head in" so to speak.... i know social media can be a good thing but honestly i was petrified on it... my nieces were arguing and I thought my friends can see this shanangan going on and I was so embarassed - not for me i'm afraid.

I am jealous though you have a steam cleaner :rotfl:
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The steam cleaner is fab. I think it will make a huge difference, and it was reduced too.

Last day off for me, back to work tomorrow. :( I just need to think of the money while I'm there.

I have started logging my food on myf1tnesspal again. I have also joined a challenge to lose 20lbs by April. I have about 50lbs to lose to get to a healthy weight so it's a good start. I have done well using that app before.

Need to pop to the shops soon to get some lunch supplies. I can't face sandwiches all week. It will be my first spend of the year as well.

Right need to get small person dressed as he seems to have become a pj slob this holiday. Have a lovely day all.

P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Then a massive deep clean before freshening up the decorating. Doingitanyway has led me astray and I have brought a steamer. It was half price though and I used christmas money.

Weight.......I will work hard to lose 3 stone. We have piles of Christmas goodies which have hardly been touched. I think they may be donated to the local old folks home.

Just popped over to wish you happy new year and I see you got the steamer after my positive review of said steamer. But, honestly it's great isn't it. Like you I am ashamed of the muck it exposes, but so nice once done isn't it? :D

Like you I have stones to lose. I am doing okay at the moment, but it is a long road and I need to stay on it this year...

Off to steam clean stairs and top landing as I didn't manage it the other day :o

Have a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks doingitanyway.

I'm going to attack the kitchen grouting on Friday while DS is at school. I did a little bit and its a disgrace. Shocking. :eek:

I'm feeling very happy tonight. My new 0% card has arrived today. It has been activated and the Aqu4 nad V4nquis balances have been transferred. :j:j:j:j:j:j. Oh I can't wait to see those balances at zero. I really, really want to phone and cancel the accounts. Such a relief. It will be nice to see the money paid to the card coming off the balance in future instead of being eaten up by interest. Oh and the pin for the new card has been destroyed.

To be honest I still have to pin for my other 0% carry but have never been tempted to use it.

Finally, finally, finally I feel like I'm making headway with this debt. :j:T:j:T:D

Right time for bed as it's another 5am start for me again tomorrow. Have a good evening all.

P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    My obsessive checking of accounts has started. There is no chance of seeing zero balances yet as I only did the balance transfers last night.:o. I'm going to try and keep it to twice daily or it would become ridiculous.

Today I'm planning on a NSD. So far this year I have had 1/3. Mmmmm must try harder. I do have to put £2 in parking daily when I'm working but im not counting that as I have prebudgeted for it.

Time to get layer up for a day outside....brrrrrr.

Have a good day.

P x

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    I'm glad you got the 0% card - i would love one but I dont stand a chance :o

Are you enjoying Everydollar? Is it linked to your bank account Parsnip? I'm thinking of downloading it as its free but I'm always scared of doing things like this so just curious how you are getting on?
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I didn't think I had a chance either to be honest but I checked through Moneysupermarket and thought I would chance it.

I like every dollar but have to remind myself to fill in any spends daily. I haven't got it linked to my account as I don't want to pay. Its worth a try as its free. Also you can transfer across one months figures to the next then just ammend them.

One of my transfers is showing up on the account as pending. Hopefully tomorrow one card will be closed forever.

Time to take the small person to bed.

P x

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Many thanks -will have a think on it.

Great news about the card - you're doing great!
  • parsniphead
    Options
    My two accounts have zero balances.:j:j:j:j:j:j

Tonight i need to cancel the cards:j.

It was scary to see the large balance on the one card and i had a but then remembered no interest.:j

Last night i started to add up the interest paid in the past yea but stopped as i started to feel sick. Oh how stupid i have been. Never mind, thats the past and its time to move on.

Last day at work this week so i will have three days to do some other work.

Feeling positive.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Aqu4 card account closed. Woo hoo, I'm so happy to see one go. I do have to check later this month on any residual interest but apart from that one is dead. :j

V4nquis next. :mad:

My food budget has gone a bit mad this month but needs must if the cupboards are bare...ish. I hardly spent anything last month as we had a lot in so it evens out really.

This weekend I want to have a good sort out. I think it may be the dreaded knicker draw first. If I had any paired up sock it would save me about 8hrs a week looking I'm sure. I was planning on breaking the Old suite up today but it's so wet outside. Another day perhaps.

Nearly time to pick up the little fella. A trip to the library on the way I think. Have a good day.

P x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure