We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Large single Parent Family getting Debt free

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awful and totally no need for any of it!

Hope you're ok Kim
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm okay- now the shock has worn off I'm feeling hopeful, I have had 2 replies from people on sites to say they have properties coming up before November so I'm going to see if I can negotiate with the landlady that if I find somewhere sooner I won't have any penalties. I'm sure if she's despirate to house her daughter she will gladly oblige but who knows- if you don't ask you don't get eh?
    Don't think I'll be brave enough to venture from here again ( ie my diary) any time soon- people are sooooo mean on the other boards!
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 8:32PM
    Options
    Not all of them, Kim and we all know what the mean ones are, now don't we? The hell with them, as the wonderful mossfar said on my other thread (and he's an LL, a decent one) they have no lives. I don't know if he is anywhere near you, Kim... he said, and I think I believe him, that he would not let a place he would not live in himself. It seems there are decent LL's out there. You just need to find one and you have time.

S xxxxx

P.S. If your LL wants you out, who the hell is she to impose penalties if you want to leave quicker than suits her??? Surely there must be something in your tenancy agreement to say how much notice you have to give her? I would have thought not more than a month... just because she has given you notice it does not mean she has all the control. You have rights and I have links to them.
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry for your situation regards housing, hugs to you and your kiddies. Hope things improve soon.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    So sorry to read about your housing situation ( and the negative comments you've received). My other half lets a property and the standard AST contract means that if the tenants give notice it's one month and if he gives notice it has to be 2 months (from the issuing of the section 21),

Any more contractions? My 8th was induced (he's 11 months old). The hospital only gave the option of induction via a drip and not the pessary option. I also had the drip after delivery. I was quite surprised by the lack of options, understood the reasoning, but didn't know in advance. Hope baby arrives soon and that the housing issue doesn't overshadow the precious first days with your son.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My water broke- I'm in triage now being monitored as it had meconium in it. Probably the stress, but baby is on his way.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Best of luck Kim, wishing you a safe and speedy delivery and hope all is well.

I'm sure you would rather it wasn't because of stress but at least you'll have him in your arms soon :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very best of luck, Kim. You are one brave lady. We are all with you in spirit. S xxx
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck xxx
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • AnxiousHomemaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your housing situation. Good luck with the delivery. Thinking of you x
    No one is going to stand up at your funeral and say
    'she had a really expensive couch and nice shoes'
    3-6 months emergency fund #58: £15/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business