Large single Parent Family getting Debt free

Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Kim, Smod and all.

Chubby cheeks! Engaged! Sounds as if it will be a go ahead soon.

Absolutely get your money! That's a lot of money and could also be a mess to straighten out. I'm glad you are going to get it all sorted ASAP.

Supporting you in your debt repayment plan!

Have fun with your sweeties. Hoping you all have a fabulous day out!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just realised that it's tomorrow for the Harry potter event:think::think::think:
    Thankfully it's a free event at our local water stones and I double checked on tinternet' this morning :coffee: it's gonna be one of those mornings isn't it! Lol
    Sorted my pay out yesterday- ild been switched to mat pay and they have added my holiday to the end of my mat leave instead of at the start so HR are gonna sort it out for me.
    I paid off a £198 bill yesterday:eek:
    Was scary to hand over that money but it felt good to know that I paid that off without being bailed out :)
    Having a day at home, we've had groceries delivered so I'm slow cooking a chicken and batch cooking up
    Chilli con carne
    Spanish chicken with peppers
    White chilli chicken
    Chicken curry
    Bolognise
    Slow kofta lamb
    All ready for the weeks meals.
    I'm trying to limit my oven date just one day a week, batch up everything and ready to just Bing I slow cooker etc for dinners all week.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello, Kim, all, I've just had a thought (it happens, sometimes) and I am not about to start a new thread over this because it is not at all a serious thought (these happen with less frequency)

Now that we have Brexitted, can we go back to feet and inches, yards, pounds and ounces, and stones? We still have miles, and pints; we never left those. My brain never left any of them. The only metric thing I do is temperature... believe it or don't, the Celsius/centigrade scale pre-dates the "Common Market". I have read that, once he sobered up the next day, not even Herr Fahrenheit could understand his temperature scale so, of course, the English fell over themselves to adopt it.

That's me done thinking. It hurts. :rotfl:
  • kimplus8
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Hello, Kim, all, I've just had a thought (it happens, sometimes) and I am not about to start a new thread over this because it is not at all a serious thought (these happen with less frequency)

Now that we have Brexitted, can we go back to feet and inches, yards, pounds and ounces, and stones? We still have miles, and pints; we never left those. My brain never left any of them. The only metric thing I do is temperature... believe it or don't, the Celsius/centigrade scale pre-dates the "Common Market". I have read that, once he sobered up the next day, not even Herr Fahrenheit could understand his temperature scale so, of course, the English fell over themselves to adopt it.

That's me done thinking. It hurts. :rotfl:
    I too prefer lbs and oz- kilos confuses me!:D
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • kimplus8
    Options
    As the title says by the end of August I will have a baby!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I just cant believe it almost his birthday and I cant wait to meet him.
    I'm making the most of these last few days/ weeks of him moving inside me and feeling him kick, I am also looking forward to knowing my body will never be pregnant again! Its been a hard slog this time and I know I can never do this again and feel completely at peace with that.:o:o
    I bought the kids school shoes today, most of them in the sale too! That's everything bought now for September, I was going to wait until end of September but saw the sale and thought I would try my luck at getting them cheaper and as answer to prayer would have it they had both of my boys sizes in sale shoes and one of my girls!:T:T:T:T
    I also figured that going to buy school shoes with a newborn baby added to the chaos was probably a recipe for disaster.
    I also paid £100 off a bill and have written my august budget and planned all spends/ bills for the rest of the month.:j:money:
    We had risotto for dinner tonight that I made with leftover chicken from our roast dinner yesterday, I also 'crock potted' the carcass and it made lovely stock- best risotto ever.
    I have meal planned for the rest of the week.
    Monday- chicken and veg risotto
    Tuesday- Spanish chicken with salad and rice
    Wednesday- lamb kofte, salad and pasta
    Thursday- Bolognese
    Friday- meatball and spaghetti with veg
    Saturday- leftovers from week and pasta salad to use up veggies
    :p:p:p:p
    I'm feeling much better today, the last few days ive been so down and numb, had meds upped by psychiatrist to prevent the PND so hopefully if I can just keep going till d day and then ill be feeling much better I hope. :o
    Hope everyone is doing well and sorry ive been a bit absent.:A
    Its dd3 birthday tomorrow so we are having a quiet day at home playing with her new happyland and watching dvd's together as a family. I love family days at home, It makes all the hard work so worth it. :cool:
    Ill pot up my budget if I can get it to transfer across and please help me cut more in areas if you can.
    lots of love
    K+8:)
  • Smodlet
    Options
    You are amazing, Kim.

S xxx
  • kimplus8
    Options
    Well pretty unproductive day really, dd opened her present and looooved it so we've been play peppa pig goes to preschool pretty much all day. My friend watch the kids while I ran eldest dd to GP as she has been unwell, course of anti- b's given- then I fell asleep with youngest when putting her down for a nap! Middle dd woke me up and it was 4!!! I slept for almost an hour! Eldest dd was downstairs with the others watching finding nemo!
    Then made dinner and come to bed with kids- I'm shattered!!
    Come on baby! You've been in there rent free for 9 months- time to be evicted!!
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Hi Kim, Mila, all,

Unproductive but for DD accomplishing another year! You do that in Spanish, you know. You don't just survive another year, you accomplish it. Glad she had an enjoyable birthday and liked her pressie.

Felices cumpleaňos, DD! :bdaycake:
  • kimplus8
    Options
    :mad:my kids have been sooooo naughty today:mad: I am literally at the limits of totally losing my sanity. I just wish they would stop fighting and squabbling over trivial rubbish!
    I swear if one of them shouts 'maaaaaam, so and so looked at me' again I'm just going to explode!!
    It's raining so they can't even go burn it off in the garden and I'm having horrendous braxton hicks.
    I'm going to get a cuppa and sit and type all my budget into the every dollar site for my budget this month,
    I realised last night also that the shoe shop has given me 2 different plimsoles for my son by accident so the L and R feet don't match lol
    I'll take them back on Friday when I have to go out to midwife anyway rather than spend on 2 lots of bus fare.
    The boys have settled playing Lego and the girls are watching a film, I haven't actually eaten yet so I need to have something because I'm feeling quite queesy. I have a craving for fruit so I'm guessing that's my body telling me what I need, I'll marinade some chicken too for tonight and prep the slow cooker to go on overnight for tomorrow.
    I need some drinks and snacks for my hospital bag so I'm going to do an online shop for Friday delivery too and get all of that sorted for weekend and then baby can come whenever he wants!!!
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Oh, bless, Kim! Have you reminded your brood what lovely, little angels they can be when they like? And that maaaaam needs some peace and quiet in which to concentrate and sort things out for their soon-to-arrive baby brother?

I was going to ask you to look at a thread about energy providers, since you have recently sung Eon's praises, but you clearly have far better things to do. If you don't mind, I would like to post the link here as the MSE Cheap Energy Club are looking for votes in a poll and feedback on how it could be improved. Please let me know if this would be OK.

I very much hope your Braxton Hicks/Higgs settle down soon. You need to keep up your strength so please have something to eat.

Thinking of you. Smod xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport