Two income household: 2xTax + 2xNI

13»

Replies

• I'm not sure which part of the word 'no' the OP doesn't understand :rotfl:
  • I don't think the OP means benefits in the way most people do (USA, HB, etc). I think that maybe they mean can they benefit from paying less tax or NI as both contribute. I might be wrong though.
  • PlacitasgirlPlacitasgirl Forumite
    375 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    Forumite
    I think it's likely the OP is from the USA.

My husband and I lived there for 5 years, and alongside his salary he received a "benefits package" which included private health and dental care etc. It's common there for employees to take a job with a lower salary for a better benefits package. This turned out to be a huge plus for us as we went out there as two perfectly fit and healthy fourty-somethings and my husband ended up needing a hip replacement and I needed surgery and reconstruction for a facial cancer whilst we were there. This was all covered by husband's benefits package thank goodness.

I think the meaning of the word "benefits" is what's causing the confusion here.

In answer to the OP if that's the case the "benefits" you may receive from your tax & NI contributions will be free NHS healthcare and NHS dental treatment, alongside the public services already mentioned.
  • dippy3103dippy3103 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I think the o/p's question is also being misunderstood as regards benefits. Think he means the NHS etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android

MSE App

Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools