£80K CC debt but not living in UK

Hi, I would appreciate your advice.
I left UK actually about 8 years ago and I have been trying to honestly service my debt (about £80k now) from abroad without missing any payments. Cost is about £3500 every month, but my debt is not reducing at all.
Now, my situation has changed dramatically and I need to move back home (Africa) and I defintely would not be able to service these debts anymore. I know I will have no recourse to move back to UK soonest.
I don't just want to walk away, so I am thinking of approaching each of the credit card company. My plan is to offer them small amount each. This idea came to me as I was reading that they sell debt on to other company for cents on each pound owed. Take for example, I am owing MBNA £30k. There interest amount has been around £600 every single month. I want to approach them and tell them to let me pay £2000, as that is what I can afford. Where I am moving to, they are not able to reach me. So, would they agree? Has anyone ever used this method. Like I said, I have not lived in UK for the past 8 years, so I can't approach any adviser.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals