BT Infinity Advertising Standards breach?

Options
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else has been wondering about the latest spat of companies using Hollywood celebrities to advertise their products?
I am currently looking at various options for home broadband and TV due to buying a new home and recently noticed the Ryan Reynolds advert for BT Infinity. According to the advert, Ryan has BT Infinity? Does he live in the only area in America that has BT wired to it? The advert even has a bunch of trees growing in the driveway that are not really going to be growing in the UK. Surely this breaks advertising standards rules? Maybe I am just bitter and can't afford to have trees imported to my new beach condo?

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    hodgeyboy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone else has been wondering about the latest spat of companies using Hollywood celebrities to advertise their products?
    I am currently looking at various options for home broadband and TV due to buying a new home and recently noticed the Ryan Reynolds advert for BT Infinity. According to the advert, Ryan has BT Infinity? Does he live in the only area in America that has BT wired to it? The advert even has a bunch of trees growing in the driveway that are not really going to be growing in the UK. Surely this breaks advertising standards rules? Maybe I am just bitter and can't afford to have trees imported to my new beach condo?

Completely does. Here's a link to the ASA so you can complain.

https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

May as well ask for some compo while you're at it for hurt feelings or some such stuff ;):rotfl:
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 May 2016 at 1:58AM
    Options
    And the X-MEN aren't real people at all. So take down Skys while your at it, by claiming false advertising by false people at false Quicksilver speeds. Whoosh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure