Hermes/Abercrombie - help!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
17 replies 1.4K views
joeybloggs11joeybloggs11 Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I ordered a package last Tuesday (17th May) that was due to arrive 24th May at the latest. The parcel was ordered from Abercrombie and Fitch and shipped via Hermes.

The parcel tracking claims they attempted delivery on 20th May and 21st May - this cannot be true as it was delivered to an office where there is always somebody available, including myself, and nobody called during that time. Obviously I can't prove this except with witnesses.

Hermes are having nothing to do with the delivery as it was ordered through Abercrombie (I understand this is standard policy), but Abercrombie are refusing to give me any information on it and saying I must go through Hermes. I have explained over the phone, on live chat and email that they need to look at it. I don't think it helps that their customer service team seem to be based in the States.

Anyway, I am frustrated as there is seemingly nobody I can speak to, no way I can prove that Hermes lied about trying to deliver and no way to resolve this. Sorry if this is obvious/has been covered before, but please help!

Replies

• edited 26 May 2016 at 4:32PM
    hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 May 2016 at 4:32PM
    Have hermes told you what time they tried to deliver. Does the office close in the evenings?
    I believe hermes have one more chance at delivery.
    What's the chances this parcel is going to be lost?
  • They tried to deliver at 15:11 last Friday when myself and 3 colleagues were definitely here - this is a lie I'm fairly sure. They also claimed to have tried on Saturday when there may have not been anyone here.

Since then they have not even attempted to deliver it again which is the frustrating thing. This leads me to believe it is lost and they have forgotten about it, or they have stolen it.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say you are " fairly sure", why aren't you " positive"?
  • I am positive - badly worded.
  • edited 26 May 2016 at 4:48PM
    hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 May 2016 at 4:48PM
    If tracking shows it's not been delivered you'll get a refund.
    I phoned them when. Had an issue and they contacted the driver. The item did disappear and I got a refund.
    As soon as tracking shows its out on a van I'd ring hermes and highlight that you are waiting for it. If there's no available member of staff that can be easily found at the office-don't expect the delivery driver to hang around.
  • OK that's good. Can I ask, was the item you were expecting purchased through a retailer or a private parcel? As they have said to me they won't speak about retailer purchases due to their confidentiality agreement and you have to go to the retailer.

How did you manage to get them to speak to the driver if it was a retailer purchase?
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I was the eBay seller chasing the parcel on behalf of a private purchaser
  • OK. So different circumstances. Thanks anyway

Can anyone else tell me how to proceed when Abercrombie and Hermes are both blaming each other and refusing to speak to me?
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your rights are with Abercrombie, you need to persuade them to take up the issue with Hermes. Alternatively, cancel the order for a full refund.
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Your rights are with Abercrombie, you need to persuade them to take up the issue with Hermes. Alternatively, cancel the order for a full refund.

Hermes get three opportunities to attempt delivery. Until that third attempt has been made , Abercrombie won't get involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals