Sky price increases?

Options
Just got off the phone to BT to cancel my contract with the intention of moving to Sky. Now obviously I was given all the usual spiel in an attempt to retain me but one thing he did mention that concerns me is that Sky are due to increase their prices next month too.

Now, the only information I can find relating to Sky price increases is on their TV packages but I'm only interested in broadband. Does anyone know of any intention they might have to raise line rental and broadband charges too from June 1st?

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Because BT are increasing their prices in July http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/04/bt-announces-steep-price-rises-for-home-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes Sky and all the others will follow suit in the next few weeks especially with line rental increases.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whatever package you sign to the T&C will reserve the right to increase the price .

All i could work out was that Sky raised BB and LR price Dec 2015 .
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Do you think it's worthwhile holding on until after June 1st to apply to Sky then? I've got until June 24th to switch away from BT without penalty otherwise I'm stuck with them for another 10 months.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    best to get away from BT.

Sky will give you free caller display service if you have a suitable phone
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    best to get away from BT.

Sky will give you free caller display service if you have a suitable phone

I don't use a land phone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still always good to get away from BT...
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I don't use a land phone.
  • honeybean
    honeybean Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am with sky for everything and I have not had any info at all about any price increases they did increase last Nov ( I think) but if they were increasing it in June I I would of been given notice by now. I can honestly say my broadband for £7.50 pm is unlimited and cannot moan it does what it is meant to do and would never go back to bt out of principal with their customer services. Sky all the way for me.
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    honeybean wrote: »
    I am with sky for everything and I have not had any info at all about any price increases they did increase last Nov ( I think) but if they were increasing it in June I I would of been given notice by now. I can honestly say my broadband for £7.50 pm is unlimited and cannot moan it does what it is meant to do and would never go back to bt out of principal with their customer services. Sky all the way for me.

Can I ask whether you're on Sky 40Mb fibre broadband or the ADSL2+ 17Mb please? And, if the latter, do you regularly stream HD movies or live tv channels without any glitches or buffering?

I can't decide which service to opt for.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you checked in the BT email your personal offer .
    I would actually pay less for the BB component than currently if i renew.
    I also see the the 72 mb fibre price has dropped in the offer.
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Have you checked in the BT email your personal offer .
    I would actually pay less for the BB component than currently if i renew.
    I also see the the 72 mb fibre price has dropped in the offer.

I'm on the lowest price I can get with BT right now. They won't consider lowering it any further until I'm 3 months from end of contract, which isn't until January 2017, plus by accepting the offer you tie yourself into an 18 month contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure