Airport Transfers in Italy from Milan to Lake Garda

Hi,

I have booked flights to Milan (Bergamo) and am looking for the most convenient (and competitively priced) options to travel to Lake Garda as I have booked the flights independently and not through a travel agent.

On the outbound flight I need to travel to the south of the lake but will be changing hotels mid-trip to the north of the lake so will need to be picked up from the north of the lake.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best places to look for this as the basic transfer sites I have looked at seem very expensive. If that is the only option then fair enough but thought I would be best asking on here first.

Many thanks in advance for reading this.

Regards

Ian

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The cheapest is probably by train but you have given no resort details so not sure where you want to get to. Bergamo to Desenzano/Sirmione takes around 1 and a half hours and costs 18.80 Euros although if you book in advance you can half the price. Trains are roughly every hour
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Transfers are very expensive in Northern Italy, the prices you have seen will be about right. Taxis are also very expensive.

Train is the way to go if you don't want to pay a fortune.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Hire a car.

Fly to Verona next time.
  • My apologies, the trip out from the airport is to Peschiera Del Garda (Gardaland) and then we are travelling to Riva before returning to the airport.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure