Options

Comments

• qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    Apologies. I meant Turkey.

Turkey are not getting in. It's effectively a fascist state with a human rights record that the eu could not ignore. Their entry will be vetoed forever.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    edited 25 June 2016 at 7:26PM
    Options
    So any of you Out voters have buyer's remorse yet?

Don't be shy.

I got talking to an Indian today who voted out. Apparently he had to jump through wndless hoops and obstacles to get here, while the poles he works with just took a bus from sczeczin or gdansk, no questions asked. It's just not fair, and of course .....it's racist.
    It's a European Union, not a Eurasian one, and a white English speaking Australian who knows all the words to God save the queen would have had the same difficulties as you.
    Here's what I think - I resent having his distorted thinking disrupt our country.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    Leave
    johnpr98 wrote: »

I suspect that the £350m per week paid to the EU claim made by Boris and Nigel for the NHS has finally sunk
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html

It's wasn't Farage's campaign. He wasn't part of the official campaign. Bit pointless asking him don't you think.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 25 June 2016 at 10:41PM
    Options
    I had a message via facebook from a cousin who was born here but left when she was 3 .She was raised in South Africa and now lives in England .She has a British Passport and a South African passport .

Her message ,can you get me a form for an Irish Passport .http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/eu-referendum/brexit-belfast-post-office-runs-out-of-irish-passport-application-forms-34830144.html
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leave
    Someone fill me in on why it would be a good thing to have an Irish passport!
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leave
    So any of you Out voters have buyer's remorse yet?

Don't be shy.

I got talking to an Indian today who voted out. Apparently he had to jump through wndless hoops and obstacles to get here, while the poles he works with just took a bus from sczeczin or gdansk, no questions asked. It's just not fair, and of course .....it's racist.
    It's a European Union, not a Eurasian one, and a white English speaking Australian who knows all the words to God save the queen would have had the same difficulties as you.
    Here's what I think - I resent having his distorted thinking disrupt our country.

Seems to be the case that a lot of people are regretting voting leave. They wanted to make a protest vote to leave but really wanted to stay. Unfortunately too many thought the same thing OOPS!
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 25 June 2016 at 9:23PM
    Options
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Someone fill me in on why it would be a good thing to have an Irish passport!

freedom of movement .You can go to any european country .
    you can work in any european country .
    The UK will not be part of that .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    Leave
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Seems to be the case that a lot of people are regretting voting leave. They wanted to make a protest vote to leave but really wanted to stay. Unfortunately too many thought the same thing OOPS!

Seems to me a lot of kids are throwing their toys out of the pram. The majority voted to leave and now some unless petition is doing the rounds trying to call a debate on a new referendum. What's is this? I fell asleep and woke up in North Korean. Unbelievable.

1.2 million more people voted leave. You think 1.2 million people thought they'd protest?

Not that it even matters.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    Options
    Remain
    Old_Git wrote: »
    freedom of movement .You can go to any european country .
    you can work in any european country .
    The UK will not be part of that .

Yes. Seriously considering applying for an Italian passport for the first time. My wife could get an Irish one, and probably my kids... So I guess we're alright. Could enter the EU on an EU passport and the UK on a British one.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    Options
    Remain
    motorguy wrote: »
    Apologies. I meant Turkey.

Funnily enough, the Turkish reaction I heard was "sod you, we never wanted to come to the UK." :) Turks aren't short of pride or history, either...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure