Quote, misquotes & the truth about my appearance in the ‘Stronger In Europe’ leaflet

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2018 at 9:40AM
    I'm torn on that one, BernardM.
    The first vote was so divisive. I don't want to go through that again.
    But, equally, I don't want Theresa May pushing through a Brexit that people didn't vote for.

Referendum: Who wants a hot drink?
    People: Yes, go on then.
    Theresa May: I've made you all tea. You said you wanted it. Now drink it.
    People: Um, we wanted coffee...
  • JimmyTheWig
    Again, BernardM, you are ignoring me and just posting links. This is supposed to be a forum. For discussion.
  • BernardM
    BernardM Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 September 2018 at 3:52AM
    So whose ignoring who?

You have never really responded with anything much worth responding about.

You didn't even respond here, when it mattered, about why the article forum link was removed in the run up to the big referenda vote.

Ignored very much on that one, but you did respond about my posts being removed from the discussion and with a strange remark about this not being a place to share links or information. Daft that, when every post has a Facebook and Twitter link included in it for precisely that.

This Forum thread was clearly removed and could not be found, on the article to forum thread weeks before the vote, soon after I started posting, coincidently.
  • JimmyTheWig
    BernardM wrote: »
    You have never really responded with anything much worth responding about.
    Fair enough.
    You didn't even respond here, when it mattered, about why the article forum link was removed in the run up to the big referenda vote.
    This Forum thread was clearly removed and could not be found, on the article to forum thread weeks before the vote, soon after I started posting, coincidently.
    I would have got here from the article when it was first posted, but after that would have come straight here. So I probably wouldn't have noticed.
    Ignored very much on that one, but you did respond about my posts being removed from the discussion and with a strange remark about this not being a place to share links or information. Daft that, when every post has a Facebook and Twitter link included in it for precisely that.
    I'll try to explain my point...
    The Facebook and Twitter links on this site are to share stuff written here on those other platforms. Now, I would expect if you did that that it would start a discussion on those platforms about what you had shared.
    Likewise, I see no problem with sharing links to other sites on this forum. But I see doing that as being a starting point for a discussion. You've posted so many times on this thread, but we don't really know what _you_ think about any of it. And you don't know what anyone else thinks about any of it.
    Are you not interested to know what other people think? Are you not interested in trying to change their opinion where it differs from your own? (Or even changing your own opinion if they bring up points that you hadn't considered?)
  • BernardM
    edited 28 September 2018 at 1:55PM
    You didn't believe people would be clicking my links, earlier in the thread so you clearly weren't that interested in fairness when I posted them, so why so interested in my personal thoughts now?

I am, just like you, posting ideas and opinions that I know for a fact are never given the light of day on mainstream for people to see and read/listen and make your own mind up obviously.

I am not really trying to change your mind just to actually see/here it.

Last nights Question Time was again imbalanced on the subject and a panel of 5.

2 leave 3 remain.

The 2 Leave panelists, again clearly mostly always only on the political right, still, by a bit of fortune got 1 remain to convey that the Leave referenda should be honoured.

Thats the BBC way of being fair I guess.
  • JimmyTheWig
    BernardM wrote: »
    You didn't believe people would be clicking my links, earlier in the thread so you clearly weren't that interested in fairness when I posted them, so why so interested in my personal thoughts now?

I am, just like you, posting ideas and opinions that I know for a fact are never given the light of day on mainstream for people to see and read/listen and make your own mind up obviously.

I am not really trying to change your mind just to actually see/here it.
    I don't see how my opinion of whether people were clicking your links meant I wasn't interested in fairness. Quite the opposite - my point was that by entering into discussion with people you're more likely to get them to click and read what you've shared.
    I've always been interested in your personal thoughts, that's what these discussions are designed to be about.

I watched Question Time for the first time in ages last night. Was ever so disappointed in the panel and the audience make-up. It's almost like they tried hard to ensure they had a broad range of people who didn't like Corbyn...
  • I meant "in all fairness" not you being very unfair Jimmy:). I maybe should have been clearer in post 64, this thread is getting to look bit spammy I guess.

I thought it was just self explanatory from my previous post, as back up material, for what Arthur said about Labour’s leadership ignoring 60 per cent of Labour Constituencies that voted to leave the EU.
  • BernardM
    edited 12 September 2019 at 12:18AM
    Climbing the greasy pole, John McDonnell is clearly not silent but hard working for the common interest of the establishment and all those in Parliament who voted down a No Deal Brexit the equivalent of the referendum vote.

He has clearly abandoned the vote of 17 million people, this act of treachery by the Labour Party Leaders that campaign with Unions that betray all of us, continue a lie that they honour the referendum.

This traitor, is still, clearly, calling to remain in the EU. THE VOTE WAS DECIDED FOR A GENERATION.

THE REFERENDUM WAS THE PEOPLES VOTE.

REMOVE ALL THOSE WHO VOTED TO PREVENT A NO DEAL BREXIT ON THE 10TH JANUARY 2019.

REMOVE ALL REMAIN MPS THAT ARE PROVEN LIARS AND TRAITORS TO THE UK VOTE.

THE ELECTION, THEY KEEP CALLING FOR, IS ANOTHER EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY OF REMOVING THEM AND ALL MPS PREVENTING US LEAVING THE EU.

The ruling class have used and will continue to use every means including a media which has sought to overturn the decision of the British people in the 2016 Referendum.

The ruling class and the EU will demand another referendum and another until they get the result they want.

Why aren't the Labour Party leadership now leading the fight for a (NO DEAL) exit from this rotten bureaucratic EU if they honour it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure