IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPS Northern Parking Services Parking Charge Notice Enquiry

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 October 2016 at 5:44PM
    Options
    Hi Guys

Just received a letter 'Notice of Debt Recovery' from DCBL recovery & bailiffs company for a £100 parking fine unpaid to Northern Parking Services with £60 recovery fee added.

I'm assuming that I just file away in the drawer along with the other ones but just wanted to make sure?

File it away but keep it.

BUT THERE IS A STEP TO TAKE TO FIGHT BACK.

I suggest you may well want to make a written complaint to your MP and Theresa May, not least because DCBL with their TV infamy and strapline 'Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away' make people think they are acting as bailiffs.

If there is any suggestion of that in the letter or the words at the top or bottom (even if the word 'bailiffs' appears in their header) then is it misleading and worthy of a complaint about them AND the tactics of NPS in one letter, like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

Either copy and adapt the BMPA version complaint for your MP and also copy it to Theresa May, or write your own version and enclose photocopies of the letters you are having to now dodge for six years and ask why the Government allows registered keepers (often not even drivers, sometimes elderly or vulnerable, or who may have moved house) to be hounded like this.

Point out Scotland got it right by not enacting the POFA 2012 so unregulated thugs don't threaten their registered keepers with 'keeper liability'.

To protect consumers in England & Wales, the Government should move quickly to revoke the huge mistake - begged for by clampers who should never have been given the time of day, since their threatening 'occupation' was being made criminal - that allowed the awful experiment of 'keeper liability' under Schedule 4. In Scotland (and in Australia where it is believed the greed of PPCs has caused them to be banned from getting DVLA equivalent data) 'carmageddon' has never happened...this was always an alarmist myth started by the parking industry.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ..and have you contacted the landowner yet, as previously advised?
    What did they come back with?
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    if I'm honest no I haven't, don't suppose anybody has a template I may be able to use?

Kind Regards

Paul
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    At the moment I'm a little bit nervous about this now, however I know I need to hold my nerve and ride it out as this is exactly how they want me to feel!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Landowner cancellation is the most powerful line of attack. It really frustrates that advice given by extremely experienced regulars fails to be expedited at an early stage (for God knows why) when this could possibly have been killed off some 6 weeks ago.

Then a request for a template......... !!

The longer this drags on the more effort is required from everyone involved.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At the moment I'm a little bit nervous about this now, however I know I need to hold my nerve and ride it out as this is exactly how they want me to feel!

Say that in your complaint to your MP and Mrs May - better to write from the heart.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    I realise I should have done this but unfortunately I have procrastinated. So I will put something together tomorrow to the landlord providing all correspondence to date.
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    I just thought that I would ignore and file away anything other than court paperwork
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You really need to contact the landowner, explain that you paid but made a genuine mistake with the VRN, here is the proof, very sorry for the inconvenience, please will you instruct the PPC to cancel as it is causing you distress and the landowner hasn't lost any money.

A template?

It starts with your address and date in the top right hand corner, and then says, Dear Sir or Madam a line underneath on the left. If you have found out the name of the landowner and established their gender, even better.

This is basic letter writing that used to be taught in schools fifty years ago.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • bigdaveysjcb
    Options
    I know it was a lazy request I will do as you have suggested and hopefully appeal to the landowners conscience if that is not naive of me. Thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure