We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Over credit limit after Barclays removing charge fee
Comments
-
You were over your credit limit before the charge was applied (it's what caused you to be charged in the first place) so even if they didn't waive the charge in the way you expected, placing a marker on your file for being over your limit would be a true reflection of the account conduct anyway.
Agreed however I could have rectified it, which I did, before the statement was produced and i would have just had the £12 charge and not a mark on my credit file.0 -
Agree they could have made it clearer. But really you should have checked that the refund had gone through before relying on the credit that was freed up.
But what I don't understand is this: did they apply the overlimit charge immediately? Seems odd that if the charge is applied immediately that they would wait for a statement day to apply the refund.0 -
No no t kidding, I'd like my credit file not to have this on it as I wasn't told that the charge would come out and that it had been waived. If I'd have known this, there would have been suitable funds in to cover the charge fee
Ahhh diddums, you run your finances poorly (using your history of DMP's and defaults as reference) and run your CC commitments way to close to the limit.
Then when you go over limit, which is your fault, and the Card supplier not only refunds an overlimit charge, but allows you to keep a 0% deal, even though you are clearly in breach of the terms, you then decide they are being nasty and unfair.
I honestly think you need to get a firm grip on reality, suck it up and pay your dues.Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....0 -
Ahhh diddums, you run your finances poorly (using your history of DMP's and defaults as reference) and run your CC commitments way to close to the limit.
Then when you go over limit, which is your fault, and the Card supplier not only refunds an overlimit charge, but allows you to keep a 0% deal, even though you are clearly in breach of the terms, you then decide they are being nasty and unfair.
I honestly think you need to get a firm grip on reality, suck it up and pay your dues.
I think you need to get off your high horse, I came here for advice on whether it was right for them to have told me that a charge had been cancelled, when in fact it hadn't, not for you to criticize the way i run my finances.
You don't know me or what lead me to require a DMP so please pipe down.0 -
-
I think you need to get off your high horse, I came here for advice on whether it was right for them to have told me that a charge had been cancelled, when in fact it hadn't, not for you to criticize the way i run my finances.
You don't know me or what lead me to require a DMP so please pipe down.
The problem is that whilst you have given some background and context, this has shown that you have had credit issues previously, and it therefore seems hypocritical to be so indignant at what seems a minor error by the provider.
You need to show a bit more responsibility, as others above said running that close to your credit limit is asking for trouble, and in any case you need to track your spending more accurately.
If you're on a debt management plan then propel anew lost money lending you money previously, there may well be mitigating circumstances but if someone doesn't pay me back money I lent than I can't say I'm too boe there'd about the reason.
Defaulting on nine agreements and being in a dmp is many orders of magnitude over a single late payment or over limit charge, manage your finances better going forward and forget this minor issue.0 -
I think you need to get off your high horse, I came here for advice on whether it was right for them to have told me that a charge had been cancelled, when in fact it hadn't, not for you to criticize the way i run my finances.
You don't know me or what lead me to require a DMP so please pipe down.
I will neither get off my high horse or pipe down.
You need to learn how to run your finances.
Don't bother crying me another river how your DMP was everybody elses fault. You borrowed money. You didn't pay it back. Simple and straightforward.
When you have stopped blaming the rest of the world for your mistakes and then crying to a forum when they go outside their normal rules to help you.
Grow up.
As a side note, giving your mate your contactless card was also in breach of your providers T&C's, do you expect compensation for your stupidity there too?Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....0 -
There's a lot of answers above and I haven't read all of them, but for what it's worth:
If you're not happy simply write to Barclaycard and explain - in plain English - your complaint and expected resolution. I've done this in the past and commend them enough on their response.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards