PPI Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store car

Options
Sinderella
Sinderella Posts: 41 Forumite
edited 30 April 2016 at 9:26PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi Kind People

(Help - Reclaiming on old Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser store cards!)

I am reclaiming PPI on old GE Capital accounts - Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins and House of Fraser. I understand that Santander are in charge of these accounts now. I took them out years ago in the 90s and defaulted on them so paying back a minimal each month now.

I will be requesting a SAR but since all 3 of them related to GE Capital, then GE Money and now I believe Santander, do I send cheques for £30 or just the one £10 to cover all 3 accounts.

I remember a tick box on the paperwork years and years ago but can't remember if ticked and I don't have the information now but I do believe since I am still paying all 3 accounts off to debt collection agencies I can easily find my old account numbers. I just do not have details of any PPI insurance on these accounts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I read recently something about claims Time Barred. What does this mean?

Thanks

Comments

• Lisa0812
    Lisa0812 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi , I am also reclaiming old Dot Perkins and Debenhams store card PPI. After a few phone calls I eventually got the right place and it is all now on going.

It is all with Santander

Sue O'Connor
    Head of Historical Complaints and Fulfilment

Tel 0800 171 2171

Santander PPI C1
    9 Nelson Street
    Bradford
    BD1 5AN

I phoned them and got a nice polite chap on the phone - after a few questions he found my old accounts and got everything started (my accounts are from the 1990's and also in my previous married name )

Sent me a letter to confirm there was PPI on them, and a questionnaire.

Fairly simple to do, but don't know how I will get on seeing as they are quite old
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    This might interest you both:

www.mirror.co.uk/money/you-used-store-card-1990s-7114139

For those who had store cards from the then Arcadia Group of stores before 2001 (TopMan, Top Shop, DP, Debenhams, Burton and so on), the Santander > FOS > Genworth route is currently proving successful in reclaiming store card PPI.

Genworth are the underwriter so are dealing with the historic liability.

Their address is on the link.

(Most telephone Santander in order to find the account numbers if you don't already have these.)
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Lisa0812
    Lisa0812 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I started off with Genworth and they put my claim over to Santander for them to carry on with it
  • Sinderella
    Options
    Oh thanks for the information.

It has been hard trying to find out exactly how to start this off. Lisa - how is your claim going? I should speak to Santander first I guess?

:)
  • Mersey_2
    Options
    My neighbour telephoned Santander PPI team for the account no., posted the PPI Q (re an old store card) and received an offer within 4 weeks.

Some claims do take longer, of course.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Sinderella
    edited 13 June 2016 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Have you received your offer yet?

I left my claim with Santander and they said they will let me know of their decision within a few weeks. I am wondering whether I should have gone straight to Genworth since I did already have my account numbers.

:)
  • Sinderella
    Options
    Hi People

I am in the process of sorting my 3 different store-cards out from 1990s but the same finance company. I previously spoke to Santander via the phone and they found my details (I'm still living at the same address and I also remember my card details), they confirmed i did have PPI and said they would get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I received a letter in the post today with a form to complete for more information they require about my PPI policy about only one of my cards. They have not send forms for the other 2 cards although we did speak about all 3 of them via the phone and they found all 3 details). I did not request a SAR because I already had all card information and they said they would contact me. I'm now thinking that I should have requested a SAR since they are also asking for original documents of this one particular card. I don't think I have it. Would have to search my old files but doubt it's in my house.

What should I do? Especially with regards to the original documents for this one card and also for the fact that they failed to say anything about the other two cards.

Thanks for your advice.
  • Mersey_2
    Options
    Just mention all 3 cards (and account numbers) on the PPI Q.

Santander in their final response will reply regarding all of them.
  • Sinderella
    Options
    Thanks Mersey! :)
  • Sinderella
    Options
    Hi does anyone know the direct telephone number to request an Employment History (1990s) from HMRC? I rang their usual number to be told I need to email them but they have not replied to my email so I would rather ring and speak to them directly. The number I have is only for history from 4 years ago. I need another number for 1990s records.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport