IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

IAS and UKCPS Not Recognising PCN

edited 29 April 2016 at 4:02PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
15 replies 1.7K views
bluetoffee1878bluetoffee1878 Forumite
308 Posts
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 29 April 2016 at 4:02PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Morning all,

has anybody had any experience of the IAS system "not recognising PCN or registration number" when an attempt is made to register intent to appeal

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    How soon after the parking event?

Has the PPC's website been checked by going to 'pay' the PCN, to see if it's still 'live'?

Which PPC?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    tight gits haven't paid their monthly fees to gladstones

which PPC , please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bluetoffee1878bluetoffee1878 Forumite
    308 Posts
    Forumite
    It was bang on the 21st day after the date of the rejection letter, plus another was well within the 21 days.

PPC is UKCPS

I'll check their website to see if they are 'live'
    308 Posts
    Forumite
    I've checked the status of each the PCN's on the UKCPS website, and for each get the following message:

Online Payment

The results of your search for your ticket details are

Your Ticket Details

Sorry, parking charge notice XXX123456 does not appear to be on our system. If you are certain this is the correct number then it may be waiting to be entered. Please try again later. We endeavour to have tickets entered onto our system within 48hrs of issue.

I guess we can't pay or appeal something that does not exist :)
    38.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Sit tight time!

Have you received a NtK or are you just working off the windscreen ticket?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've checked the status of each the PCN's on the UKCPS website, and for each get the following message:

Online Payment

The results of your search for your ticket details are

Your Ticket Details

Sorry, parking charge notice XXX123456 does not appear to be on our system. If you are certain this is the correct number then it may be waiting to be entered. Please try again later. We endeavour to have tickets entered onto our system within 48hrs of issue.

I guess we can't pay or appeal something that does not exist :)

Make certain you get a screenshot of that page
    308 Posts
    Forumite
    I'm doing this for somebody else, so waiting on the answer to last question, but I'm pretty sure this is mobile ANPR and NTK to the RK (who is registered disabled and its a mobility car)

More than one PCN, due to recent changes to car park 'management'

All appealed as per IPC members template with a bit of blue badge equality act stuff thrown in for good measure. All template rejections as per the many UKCPS rejections I've seen before.
    308 Posts
    Forumite
    Screen shots saved of each PCN off UKCPS website and also IAS website.

Thanks for the advice guys

I reckon they are out of time now as 21 days have expired from the rejection letters date
    38.1K Posts
    Forumite
    I'm doing this for somebody else, so waiting on the answer to last question, but I'm pretty sure this is mobile ANPR and NTK to the RK (who is registered disabled and its a mobility car)

More than one PCN, due to recent changes to car park 'management'

All appealed as per IPC members template with a bit of blue badge equality act stuff thrown in for good measure. All template rejections as per the many UKCPS rejections I've seen before.
    Maybe the landowner has warned them off over-zealous enforcement at the early stage. Doesn't the IPC CoP require a (month's?) grace period when a new PPC commences on site?
    308 Posts
    Forumite
    This is all I can find in the IPC CoP:

Changes in Operator’s Terms and Conditions
    Where there is any change to any pre-existing terms and conditions that would not be immediately
    apparent to a person visiting the site and which materially affects the motorist you
    should place additional (temporary) signage at the entrance making it clear that new terms
    and conditions/charges apply, such that regular visitors who may be familiar with the old
    terms do not inadvertently incur parking charges. This signage should be in addition to the
    signage ordinarily required and left in place for an appropriate period.

I'm not aware that they complied with this. The previous PPC was Legion Group who I have beaten off several times.

I think a complaint to the IPC, DVLA and the ICO is in order
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals