Canceling Virgin media

Options
Hi,
My brother is in the middle of his virgin media package and he is about to move to a new address. To my understanding he has 2 options, pay to leave the contract or transfer to the new address. My understanding is if you keep the package and move it to the new address, it starts a new contract at the new address.

My question is as he would be starting a new contract at the new address, if he cancelled it at the new address within the first 14 days would he have to pay anything?

Thank you in advance,
Stephen

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi,
    My brother is in the middle of his virgin media package and he is about to move to a new address. To my understanding he has 2 options, pay to leave the contract or transfer to the new address. My understanding is if you keep the package and move it to the new address, it starts a new contract at the new address.

My question is as he would be starting a new contract at the new address, if he cancelled it at the new address within the first 14 days would he have to pay anything?

Thank you in advance,
    Stephen

Yes he would need to pay to leave the contract, he hasn't found a loophole, if he doesn't start the new contract the old contract will still apply
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure