We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello! From the New Forum and Community Manager

124»

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE_Matt wrote: »
    ps the RH image is in a large Queue for being worked on. So you may even get to see (what resembles) my mug soon.

Should we get a crucifix, or sunglasses? :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• I'll be sending signed print outs to the best forumites

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Pyxis
    edited 10 June 2016 at 5:47AM
    I'll be sending signed print outs to the best forumites

smileys-afraid-245021.gif

:D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    another vote here for tackling 'bullying' by report button! I am sure the MSE team do not actually read the supposedly 'offending' post before Red or Yellow carding someone! seems to be based entirely on six or seven 'reports' and bang! your off on an enforced sabbatical from the forum!
    I have seen it so many times - someone posts something the bully dislikes and they get their AEs going on the report button and the thread is pulled and the poor poster gets PPRd.
    its killing this forum! I have noticed tonight that there are only a few hundred people on this whole forum.............a couple of years ago that many people would be viewing ONE Board, and on a weekend that many people would be down in The Arms!

Sort it soon - before there are no members left.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    I'll be sending signed print outs to the best forumites

...don't bother,you can't even deliver a simple pic. imminently. My Grandmother's sisters aunt has shown more interest in MSE than you have recently
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We are very much listening to ALL the feedback we are receiving and taking steps to edge toward a better forum experience for all (New and older) forumites.

:A:A:A promise I'll be here more :A:A:A

Matt
    WB Matt ;).

Not sure some of us regulars would like to be known as "older" forumites..... Long standing members sounds a little more inviting. :D
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    ps the RH image is in a large Queue for being worked on. So you may even get to see (what resembles) my mug soon.

How large?
    What criteria govern the position of items in the Queue?
    Does something cosmetic, like a new pic (which would take what .. only a few minutes ... to implement) get a higher priority than something more tricky (and longer to put right) that is causing consistent annoyance to a lot of users?
  • Pyxis
    Oh dear. :( Give him a break, guys! You don't know what he's been doing behind the scenes.

He was nice enough to introduce himself to us. :)

Please don't turn into a pack of slavering hounds. :(
    At the end if the day, this is a free site, a very useful site, and a very enjoyable site if we can all just lighten up a bit?
    :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Oh dear. :( Give him a break, guys! You don't know what he's been doing behind the scenes.

He was nice enough to introduce himself to us. :)

Please don't turn into a pack of slavering hounds. :(
    At the end if the day, this is a free site, a very useful site, and a very enjoyable site if we can all just lighten up a bit?
    :A

MSE Matt said a pic. was imminent...it didn't happen. If he has failed to deliver on such a simple thing will anything else he says happen?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound! Car Insurance Carver! Rampant Recycler
    All this and whole host of new things coming our way. Inc tackling negativity for newbys (AND everyone else). We are very much listening to ALL the feedback we are receiving and taking steps to edge toward a better forum experience for all (New and older) forumites.

That would be VERY welcome.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.