Cancelling sky sports

Anybody been offered a deal when cancelling sky sports? Have been offered half price for six months. It works the same like cancelling. Thanks

Comments

• Kenco5
    Kenco5 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have done it around this time of year before stating the end of the football season meaning I won't need it, they normally give me 3 months free.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    It works sky sports 3 months free + 2 months free of MUTV.
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I must be the only one who never gets an offer on the phone.

I've cancelled Sky Sports for the summer until next football season as we have to give 31 days notice, but they never offer me anything. He asked me if I was a football fan and if the reason I was cancelling was due to the end of the season. I said yes. Last year I said no - either way they didn't offer me anything.

Doesn't make a difference as I genuinely wouldn't watch it during the summer, but after 17 years of Sky, I thought i'd be due an offer via one of the call centre folk by now.
  • SCARGI1965
    SCARGI1965 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try going on the mysky page on their web page and log in.
    It often gives you the option to remove packages online and sometimes will give you an offer on that if you proceed with cancelling.
    Worth a go as even if it doesn't you have 31 days to reinstate the sports anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure