IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET parking ticket McDonalds

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Rooman007 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone can help my boy got a letter off these muppets saying pay now lol my boys was in there early in the day for 10 min and then went back 7 hours later now they are saying he parked up for 8 hours my boy has a life why would he park up in mc Donald's for that long I know he likes a burger but that is taking the Micky please help do I live it or do I get in touch with them all the best peeps and thanks in advance

Go into the McD's and get the manager to cancel it. Have a rant in front of other customers but polite enough not to appear a troublemaker, merely a very annoyed victim of a scam that you know the manager can phone to cancel. Obvs take the offending scam PCN with you.

Other than that, to see how to appeal, get off this thread and read the sticky thread 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'. Top of this forum, page one of the threads, no link given as it's already only one click away.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stillmans39
    stillmans39 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    so should this now go into the POPLA decisions thread? If so, how do I do that? Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    so should this now go into the POPLA decisions thread? If so, how do I do that? Thanks

Just copy and paste in the next 'Reply' box in the 'POPLA Decisions' sticky.

Well done in seeing MET off.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Mustang2006
    Options
    Hi
    I have a similar issue. My daughter parked in Starbucks car Park and went to McDonald's. As the registered keeper of the car I received an NTK letter in post. No PCN was placed on the windscreen tho. The date of the alleged offence was 01/01/2018 and the issue date of the notice was 07/07/18. I appealed the notice as the keeper of the vehicle on grounds of unclear signage and the fact they didn't issue the notice within 14 days of the alleged incident. They rejected my aappeal saying the signage was clear but mentioned nothing about the 14days.. Do you think I have grounds to appeal to popla?? Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 February 2018 at 4:30PM
    Options
    Hi
    Do you think I have grounds to appeal to popla?? Thanks
    Yes you do, but please start your own thread.

Offering advice to two people about two separate incidents can only lead to confusion.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    This is a 2016 thread, why even read it? Go to page one, today's threads (see my signature below).
  • MET_YOUR_MATCH
    Options
    Hi there MET victims

I HAVE GOOD NEWS! I received a parking ticket from MET parking last month. I parked in the McDonald's car park in Southall. I received a ticket for £50 (later increased to £100) because they claimed I was not on site at the time of the survey. I wasn't HAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I think you've had too much Royal Wedding bubbly, mate.
  • MET_YOUR_MATCH
    Options
    The royal wedding party pales in comparison to my MET parking victory appeal! I've had a couple bottles with the £100 I saved. I dedicate this victory to the all on this forum.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You do realise you didn't actually tell us you'd appealed and won?!

You just said: ''good news...I got a PCN saying I wasn't there, and I wasn't''.

And I thought, ''so what?'' because it sounded like you were just laughing about getting a PCN!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure