husband is 73 ,wife is 46, wife is a full time student

edited 4 April 2016 at 9:37PM in Student Money Saving
2 replies 1.2K views
Anna_Mc_KinnonAnna_Mc_Kinnon Forumite
1 Post
edited 4 April 2016 at 9:37PM in Student Money Saving
Hello can some one tell me if the female student if her husband is a pensioner,,,,,and she had got student loans/grants ...if those loans are disregarded as income when claiming housing benefits and council tax credits loans/grants paid into her current account every 3 months.

Urgent ...I need to know ..

many thanks

anna.

Replies

• HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello can some one tell me if the female student if her husband is a pensioner,,,,,and she had got student loans/grants ...if those loans are disregarded as income when claiming housing benefits and council tax credits loans/grants paid into her current account every 3 months.

Urgent ...I need to know can some one write to my email and tell me....kinnon55 at yahoo dot co dot uk

many thanks

anna.

Why would they be disregarded? They are to be used for her living expenses and that includes housing costs.

As a full time student she wouldn't count as an occupier for council tax so the husband will be able to get a single persons discount on the account.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - I strongly suggest you take your email out of your post, before you end up with a number of strange and exciting loan opportunities from across the globe in your inbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals