husband is 73 ,wife is 46, wife is a full time student

Options
Anna_Mc_Kinnon
Anna_Mc_Kinnon Posts: 12 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 4 April 2016 at 9:37PM in Student MoneySaving
Hello can some one tell me if the female student if her husband is a pensioner,,,,,and she had got student loans/grants ...if those loans are disregarded as income when claiming housing benefits and council tax credits loans/grants paid into her current account every 3 months.

Urgent ...I need to know ..

many thanks

anna.

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 December 2023 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Hello can some one tell me if the female student if her husband is a pensioner,,,,,and she had got student loans/grants ...if those loans are disregarded as income when claiming housing benefits and council tax credits loans/grants paid into her current account every 3 months.

Urgent ...I need to know can some one write to my email and tell me... {Removed by Forum Team}
    many thanks

anna.

Why would they be disregarded? They are to be used for her living expenses and that includes housing costs.

As a full time student she wouldn't count as an occupier for council tax so the husband will be able to get a single persons discount on the account.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP - I strongly suggest you take your email out of your post, before you end up with a number of strange and exciting loan opportunities from across the globe in your inbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure