IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS.... Again

Options
13»

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Speaking to my office manager just now, he has suggested it is best to reply via post..... in Arabic, he is happy to translate the letter for me :)

go for it! :j:j:j

if they want to take the !!!!

you do it back :rotfl::rotfl:
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    In my opinion actually sending something from your overseas address admitting you were the driver would be a good idea just in case they try to renew the attack your other half back in the UK.

Generally, if the driver ignores entirely, the PPC will just go back to the keeper.

Who knows how they'll handle an arabic letter, that'll be interesting to see.

I'd be inclined to just send them something simple that acknowledges you were the driver but aren't going to pay "Sorry about the overstay. However, as this was a free car park and I didn't see any signs, I am not liable"

They can't really go back to the keeper, as you've confirmed being the driver, and they can't actually do anything with you either. You'll likely get a lot of junk mail at both addresses, but the RK should be lodging a complaint for every one she recieves.
  • Team_Sovereign
    Options
    Hello folks,

Bit of an update from me, seeking opinions and thoughts on how to move forward mostly because I don't reside in the UK at the moment.

I left the Middle East on a month long trip, when I came back to our office the kind folks at VCS went to the trouble of sending me a nice letter from the UK (its wonderful to receive letters from home).

In short and as expected VCS rejected my appeal to them, their standard response laid out how they adhere to IPC Code of Practice and how I could either pay now or take it to the kangaroo court.

In their VCS letterhead correspondence they refer to themselves therein as Excel Parking, same company. Just wondered if that might be relevant later.

A couple of issues I have are down to the fact the post system over here is not the quickest and the fact my job takes me out of the area for a month at a time means there's a good delay between communications, this was mentioned for their benefit when I replied to them.

Unfortunately for me their invitation to appeal to IAS has long since expired... it head already expired by a couple of months when the letter was delivered....

So, my question now is... what is the best thing to do? - try to appeal to the IAS anyway to jump through the hoops... reply to my new friends at VCS or just ignore?

One concern with ignoring them is i do not want these guys or their agents to revert to harassing the RK.

Second concern is it has been brought to my attention that they can try and issue a county court claim against my last known address, I would not come to hear about this until I return to the UK (probably to buy property) and then have the headache of having it set aside and all the other fun stuff that goes with it.

Anyone with some advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I Would have gladly jumped through the IAS hoops but with the lead times on snail mail out here i'm kind of stuck.

Thanks again to all the kind folks on here lending their time to help individuals like me caught up in these antics.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2016 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Unfortunately for me their invitation to appeal to IAS has long since expired... it head already expired by a couple of months when the letter was delivered....
    That's not unfortunate. You'd have lost at IAS, the 'kangaroo court' as posters here describe it.
    Second concern is it has been brought to my attention that they can try and issue a county court claim against my last known address, I would not come to hear about this until I return to the UK (probably to buy property) and then have the headache of having it set aside and all the other fun stuff that goes with it.
    They can't actually do this if your last known address is abroad. I would reply concisely and assertively, by email and keep a copy, telling them again that you are out of jurisdiction for English courts and prohibiting them from writing to your old UK address, as that would harass the people living there and would be an abuse of process and unfair business practice in the extreme, as well as flouting the pre-action Protocol.

Then do this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

You won't have a local MP at the moment but your OH does. She and you (in joint names signed at the bottom) should write to her MP and to Mrs May and the DCLG, pointing out what is happening to you as a family at the moment:
    the whole reason for the overstay was because I had returned home from the Middle East, where I work, for a few days. We were there to get some shopping, see friends and family. I am also now a resident of one of the countries over here. My other half is the RK to the car and she's alone at home with the prospect of the inevitable threatening letters etc,
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Team_Sovereign
    Options
    Hi Coupon-Mad,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I will follow the steps you recommend and see what they try next. At least they like to send me letters from my home country... every cloud and all that :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure