Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh PF - your bad mummy week sounds like a fairly standard day to me. That could be me every day of the week.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bless DD and her odd boots :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh I chuckled at the invite writing..that is the type of thing that happens to me :D

Boo to job horrors...but hope he can weather the storm and get something even better.

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Ok, so wide awake after midnight visit from a small who is now sleeping soundly in my bed with DH. TBH went to bed feeling not quite right and woke up feeling the same. Have come down for a brew in the hope it'll make me feel better.

Busy few days here (when isn't it!). Lots done yesterday though. DH has stained 2/3rds of skirting and taken up some of carpet. A lot of small stuff has been removed from room too. Skirting will be finished tomorrow ready for new carpet/flooring on Thursday :j:j

I spent all afternoon doing for rest coat of pain in girls room. Will do another tomorrow. Looks fab :T

Booked a will appointment for Monday through free wills network so should be no cost to us :T long overdue :o

Plenty of food in, just need to meal plan for the week but will do that later when I can rustle around in the kitchen properly.

I've updated my new journal with what needs to be done in each room to get it to where we need it to be and also a page for each month that I can put annoying things/prompts or reminders for me to do things. Very pleasing for the mind :D

Must also call another builder about the extension to see if we can move it along some more.

Need to look at savings accounts again as my ISA rate is poor. Have one t$b account for savings, need to look at others or possibly get DH to open one too and maybe a joint so we can mazimise interest although also thinking ahead to June when my high rate fixed saver ends and whether I can just roll into another fixed year or if rate drops for new savings. If it does and hav et go elsewhere want to bear this in mind so I don't have lots of extra accounts. Food for thought.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I saw the timing of your post in my subscribed list and thought that was early :eek: - I can now see why! Well done on the journalling and getting on with the DIY.

Any news re OH?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh what an early start, can you nap today PF?

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope you can get a nap today PF - I hate nights like that. Sounds like you got lots of productive stuff done though so at least you can relax without feeling guilty.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening all. Luckily DH let me go back to sleep about 7am on Sunday. Unfortunately we had the same last night (although I stayed in bed) but no such luxuries today as I had to work so I'm tired and the smalls are both still awake. Bedtimes is miles from a happy place at the moment. Being tired definitely doesn't help.

Today's positives:

Man building cupboard around boiler. He may even manage a shelf which would be the nearest thing to an airing cupboard in this house and would make me super duper excited :o
    2 new internal doors arrived, best price I've every seen them at and door hardware bought from surveys :D
    Did a will with DH (better late than never;)) used free wills network. Very impressed.
    Meals from stores, didn't spend a penny in town :A used onlu half a pack of ys sausages in tea for all of us, smalls can have rest tomorrow
    Made lunches for tomorrow :A
    Paid my taxes owed, not due for another 14 days but paranoid it will arrive late and don't want to be fined. Shuffled some money about. Seemed to have gained £500. Can't work out from where now all my pots are combined. Not really in right frame of mind to work out tonight. At least it's in my favour :D do hate parting with a cash but as I've 'stoozed' it since it was given to me by the government I don't feel too bad giving it them back now it's earned me a few £££
    (For a few days only) we are debt neautral :j:j meaning our savings outweigh our 0% balance. Why for a few days on,y, well when I've paid the man for the cupboard and door fit and the new carpet on Thursday it won't be in positive but we are definitely in touching distance :D
    Did one thing off my annoying things list :D

No alcohol as yet in 2017, although if bed times remain like this that may change :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Horray for extra £500s, why are the girls being more active in the evenings at the moment do you think?

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Horray for extra £500s, why are the girls being more active in the evenings at the moment do you think?

Have no idea bob still feels like they've not really got back into a routine post Christmas at bed time, despite us doing nothing different. They are still awake now :eek:

We are decorating their room so there is some disruption, but again no particular difference to Pre Christmas.

Found where the £500 'lived' sadly not 'mine' in terms of my savings pot to spend :( not that I ever thought it was but I lived in hope for 24 hours :rotfl:

Good news I have my 'surprise' airing cupboard (and you thought it was rock and roll at you gaff bob):rotfl: well it's not quite finished but it's already amazing and I'm soooo jealous of the talents of our carpenter. I thought I'd just get a box with a door and never contemplated an airing cupboard but now... well ...I'm thrilled. It really is the simple things.

Another NSD as boss treated me to a brew ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback