No Buying Unneccesary Toiletries April 2016

Options

Comments

• lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    I UU for me. I've had flu symptoms for over a week so focused more on feeling better than using up stuff. A couple of INs were Deep Heat Bath and Olbas Bath to help me relax.

UU
    St Ives Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes (35 Wipes) - WMBA - I got on pretty well with these and they made my skin feel tingly. I got them from Poundland so they were good value too. I've replaced them with a pack of Primark face wipes.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • borollan
    borollan Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just joining in

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2016 (started challenge on 28th April 2016)
    Toiletries Total UU am off to count them, it's a hell of a lot
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words ladies.

Fiasco, I'd like to add my voice to the condolences here. My mum won't be around much longer either... :(

Very sorry to hear that Elizabeth.
    Hermia wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss. I found homeless shelters are very grateful for shower gels as some of the people coming in are desperately in need of a good wash.

It was finding that situation in my mum's house that prompted my toiletry decluttering. What made me sad was that her bathroom was full of cheap stuff and her wardrobe was full of unopened expensive stuff she was saving for 'best'.

Thanks Hermia, I'm looking for some local places to donate. I've had a look online and some charities are very specific about what they are looking for or will accept. Right down to saying they are not accepting anything at the moment. It's early days and I think it will take a good six months to clear the house (mum hoarded everything).

Another UU today a Dove mini deodorant. WBA, did the job and a handy size.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • parksandrec
    parksandrec Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    3 x Jack Wills 125ml body sprays (English Velvet, Hope Cove and Ladies Beauty)
    1 x Ted Baker body spray

1 x The Daily Smooth Soap and Glory body butter
    1 x Ted Baker body lotion
    1 x Molton Brown 300ml Orange and Bergamot hand lotion
    1 x Joules Get Glowing Body scrub

1 x Clarins One step facial cleanser (SAMPLE SIZE)
    1 x Origins Super spot remover blemish treatment gel

1 x Avon Footworks deodorising foot spray
    1 x Avon footworks all day deodorant cream with peppermint oil
    1 x Burts bees coconut foot cream
    1 x M&S Fantastic feet refreshing foot spray

1 x Avon pink lipstick
    1 x Make up gallery Hide & chic concealer
    2 x Jack Wills Lipbalm (mint and berry)
    1 x Hershey lip balm
    1 x MUA hide & conceal concealer natural shade

4 x Nails inc nail polish (Westminister abbey, candy orange, belgrave place, prince arthur road)
    4 x OPI Couture de Minnie Runway Minnies (A definite must-have, Magazine cover mouse, Chic from ears to tail, Innie minnie mightie bow)
    2 x Rimmel (Orange your life, Green with envy)
    5 x Champneys (assorted)
    1 x Champneys base and top coat
    13 x M&S (assorted from various gift sets)
    2 x Claires chip resistant (silver and brown)
    1 x Makeup gallery (Sky Blue)
    2 x W7 (mojito and glitter)

IN'd a MUA hide & conceal concealer natural shade. But only because I was out and seen it and knew I'd be needing a new one soon so not too bad I guess. Plus was only a pound so...
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • lucia22
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Well done on your bargains. I shopped my stash for a new shower gel this morning as I'm a bit bored of using the L'Occitane Bon Merre Soap I have on the go and pulled out a full sized L'occitane Verbena shower gel. I noted that my shower gel stash has depleted considerably which for me is amazing. I have four full sized bottles in my drawer: Philosopy Christmas Cookie (Emma's), 2 x Soap & Glory that I got in the OOTW kit and also from the Clearance Shelf and the second ABC Tea Tree wash that I got in the TSV. We are now hopeful that Emma will go to Uni this year and I'm planning on stashing these kind of items for her to save her some funds when she is an impoverished student so I may be in the market for a new shower gel once the Verbena or Rose soap is UUed.

Thank you. Going to uni is so exciting and a good excuse to stock up on some bargains for Emma. :) I think it's great to have a good stash when studying as it saves money and just gives you less to think about. I actually still have some of the stuff I stocked years ago at uni. I will hopefully use it all up soon. Thankfully I've been getting through the stockpile steadily and now I think that the only items I have that are 5+ years old are perfume bottles.

My weakness is that I love a good bargain but I really want to clear up space in my bathroom as I have 2 drawer units full of stuff (though one is less full than the other). I'm sure the shower gel I have will last years. I got some this Christmas though I didn't need any so I think I will mention to my friends this Christmas that I won't be needing anything on the toiletries front. I'm waiting until the stash decreases a little more before I do a proper count.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • momobingu
    momobingu Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    UU's:
    Lush - Ultrabland cleanser - wba
    Lush - Dream cream lotion - wba

I had a lovely gift box from a friend but only kept 1 lotion sample out of the lot. The rest will be donated as I'm already overloaded with products.
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    2 UU tonight:

Wilko rhubarb & vanilla face mask 30ml- WBA good value for money can easily get 3 uses out of it (but it will go hard if not kept air tight). Smells amazing - good enough to eat.

Espa pink hair & scalp mud 55ml- WMBA as a treat as this does make your hair feel soft and smells lovely.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • lucia22
    Options
    Updated PP list
    ARU Borage Cream 30ml
    Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Bath Soak Salts 250g
    Beyonc! Heat Rush Body Lotion 75ml
    Burt's Bees Honey & Grapeseed Hand Cream 20g
    Creightons Mango & Papaya Balance Bath & Shower 500ml
    Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Volume Conditioner 400ml
    Lush Breath of Fresh Air Skin Toner 250g
    Lush The Comforter Shower Cream 100g
    Nip+Fab Yoga Blend Hand Cream 50ml
    Schwartzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shine Tonic 100ml
    Simple Derma Intensive Relief Cream 50ml
    S&G Heel Genius 50ml
    S&G The Daily Smooth Body Butter 50ml
    S&G Sugar Crush Body Buttercream 50ml
    Ted Baker Cate Eau de Toilette 50ml

There's a lot fewer items than before. I think I'll carry over many into next month but hopefully this week I'll use up the Lush Comforter Shower Cream and a couple of body moisturiser minis. I also have a couple of products that haven't been in my PP list but are at least half used up.

Don't you just hate those products that seem to be on their way but keep on going forever? It's been like that for me with makeup, shower gel and perfume. I've also found that facial serums last surprisingly long even though they come in little containers and I apply them everyday.
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    Lucia tell me about it - I'm having that problem with the medicated talcum powder I have on my pp list, I really thought it was getting close to being a UU last month as it feels so light but it just seems to keep going forever! :eek:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • Carolyn12
    Carolyn12 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I'm sorry for your loss Fiasco55.

A couple more UU from the stash:

Nip and Fab winter cherry body wash 100ml. WBA if I could this was from a gift set i bought a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if I can. Smelled like cherryade :D

L'occitane cherry blossom hand cream 10ml. WBA if I see an offer (or freebie). This was from a previous L'occitane freebie box. Which leads me nicely on to my INs...

I picked up the latest L'occitane freebie which contains:

Shea hand cream 10ml
    Divine cream 8ml
    Shampoo 30ml
    Verbena shower gel 30ml.
    Gorgeous little set. They really do the best freebies.

VALM: there is also a £10 off £25 spend included (for your perfume?)

I'm off to tally up my UU/INs...

Have a great day all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family