Problem with paintwork on used car

Options
I bought a used car Hyundai i10 2013 plate from a dealer and took it to my local Hyundai garage who checked the service history, carried out a visual check and confirmed the manufacturers warranty is intact for another 2 years.

Car went back to dealer for a free polish and paint protection treatment on my car yesterday but this has now revealed two brown patches on the doors near the window rubber seal that look like rust :( I don't expect the car to be spotless but there was no rust/ discolouration evident when I purchased the car.

When I asked about this I was advised to wash it with the special free shampoo they gave me and "see how it goes" .... feeling fobbed off and unsure what to do as I know very little about cars I phoned Hyundai and was told to take it there today for another visual check to see if it is rust (and if so why they did not pick it up on the visual inspection last week) and if it is covered on the manufacturers warranty.

I've looked at all the pre-sale photos I have kept and there is no sign of discolouration / rust, and this was not picked up by Hyundai last week.

Does anyone know if these paint treatments can cause discolouration or is it more likely to be rust "covered up" that has now been revealed ? Not sure if I should be claiming on the manufacturers warranty or go back to the dealer I purchased it from ?

Would be grateful for any advice
0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport