It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hey JVR.

Yeah she said yesterday it was a drunken and stupid mistake and it won't happen again, which I believe.

Indeed I do feel much more prepared for these unexpected costs. Previously I would have paid for it by credit card and worried later. Not now!
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OH got two recall notices on his car... was terrified to tell me as new we didn't have the money set aside yet for work on the car... he was very relieved when I pointed out we don't have to pay for a recall haha!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    I think the word is "PHEW!!!!".
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon

Speky - after an episode like that I should imagine it cements in your mind that you did the right thing ending the relationship! You did very well to be so civil as a lot of people certainly wouldn't!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Indeed it did nmlc. That very thought was going through my head as I had actually order her to go to bed like a 5 year old. Anyway. Hopefully all that drama is in the past now.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad that you managed to sort things out.
    I don't want to have this thought but I did so I'm going to see what you think, there's no chance that she would have copied your back door key is there? I mean, I don't see what she'd gain from that but it just niggled me and I'd rather say it out loud and you dismiss it than keep the thought to myself.
    And well done on sorting the car out - brakes are important so have to be maintained and luckily YNAB has shown you where you can find the money. And by next time you'll have your car maintenance pot stocked up.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a strange turn of events with your ex? How can you accidentally steal something? But we've all done things we regret after having a few drinks!

Glad you managed to pay for your car. Good ole YNAB eh!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well I hope that ex is well and truly embarrassed of that behaviour... :eek:
    And I second what Joey said about copying a key. I'm sure you'll know, but if she's still interested in you to the extent of showing up drunk at your house then I wouldn't be surprised.
    Sorry to hear about the car as well - but brilliant that you had the money available to pay for it.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone

Speky - that's a bit spooky that other posters have suggested about your ex copying the key - I did actually put that in my post then deleted it before I posted!

Good for you that you were able to sort the car without incurring further debt.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hi everyone and thanks for posting.

It had never occurred to me that she would copy the key and I'm confident she's not that type of person to do such a thing. Like you say Joey, I can't think of how she'd benefit from it.

Well the good news on the car front is that it was 'only' £180 as opposed to the £250 I was quoted, so once again I've jiggled about YNAB and re-allocated the £70. The car is due to be handed back in on January of next year and I'll be glad to see the back of it, although I am paying pennies for was can be considered a nice car.

All the family are away to my step-bro's wedding in South Korea. They've sent me some pictures and videos and it's nothing like our weddings here. In fact, my mum and step-dad had to pay £100 to the father of the bride to pay for the wedding, every attendee had to! There was no party, no music, no dancing. A ceremony followed by a buffet then home. Very different from what we're used to.

Back to work now, have a nice day everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback