IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NPS PCN Now £100

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,942 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2016 at 10:49PM
    Options
    I believed it was as simple as draft this reply, then they will cease to be able do anything/harass further unless they had evidence which they dont.
    You are the first person I've seen say they thought that by sending the IPC appeal that they would just give up. That is not the case, never said to be the case on any thread - but why worry about debt collector letters? They really are like phishing emails. And people who just pay, perpetuate the scam and fund the next PCN against someone else's worried girlfriend or a young family, so don't join them - beat them.
    Problem is of trying to cancel the ticket via contacting puregym now if I say my g/f wasnt informed on her induction about the charge etc they will now most likely ask for further detailed information to investigate it.
    But you aren't complaining, she is, because as a potential gym customer she has more clout, surely. It could be worded to say this has made her think twice about joining... Write it in her name (or in yours if you are the keeper and really would rather handle this in your name - doesn't matter, this isn't an appeal).

It's easy to write in the third person; e.g: at no point did anyone inform me in the induction for the gym that a parking charge could be incurred and so I wish to compain in the strongest terms about the PCN found on the vehicle...blah blah...I understand that the parking firm are contracted by the gym and will cancel when their principal (you) instruct them to do so.

If you are not empowered to cancel this unfair PCN, please tell me who is and their contact details (please do not bother to suggest the so-called 'appeal' procedure that we have discovered does not exist). I expect to hear the unfair PCN has been cancelled within seven days because the demands arriving by post - threatening debt collection or court of we do not pay an extortionate £150 - are already considered unwarranted harassment, which is a crime. I remind you that a principal remains liable for the actions of an agent and these actions are unfair and harassing, compounding the intial error by your staff in not telling a potential customer about the parking regime.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport