Wicked offer from 3 from retentions

Options
CagedBird
CagedBird Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 9 March 2016 at 6:18PM in Mobiles
Few days ago called to cancel my plan after 3 sent over a letter saying they were discontinuing my current plan. I was on One plan paying £15 (Yeah, I know pretty awesome deal)

Call 1: Got hold of customer service. they said they couldn't do anything about my current plan being phased out. Said I can be on a similar plan for £30 offering unlim minutes + 12 GB data. I firmly said no and told them I am moving off to iD mobile 500m + 6GB data for £12,50. They would not match that.

Call 2: Got a call next day from some chap saying how they value me as a customer blah blah blah. They said they will do me their 600m + 8GB plan @ 50% discount for 12 months. Original price £19, discounted price £9.50

Apparently they said it's some Diwali discount that their Indian call centre is having hence the offer. As far as I am aware, Diwali is in October.

I got my paperwork in the post today. :j:j:j:j

Comments

• joeluken
    joeluken Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    CagedBird wrote: »
    Call 2: Got a call next day from some chap saying how they value me as a customer blah blah blah. They said they will do me their 600m + 8GB plan @ 50% discount for 12 months. Original price £19, discounted price £9.50

Sounds like a good deal if you don't need more than 8GB of data.

I was also on the £15 One Plan and got the letter a few weeks ago. Was only offered pretty standard plans like you so decided to terminate the contract.

There were offers running at the time on Three's web store for 3 months half price and £50 cash back on 12 month sim only. I decided to buy one of these because it worked out cheaper over the year than what Three was offering as an alternative to my One Plan.

Cut a long story short later I was offered a better deal on my existing contract of AYCE data (12GB hotspot) , 600 mins (plus 2000 Three to Three min) and AYCE texts for £17 monthly rolling. I also got £10 credit for the hassle and accepted the new plan. No longer needed the other contract I'd bought and hadn't used so cancelled it within 14 days. I got the final £0 value bill for the cancelled contract and was surprised when I also got £50 cash back today !

So over 12 months the new plan only works out at £12 per month factoring the credit/cashback. kinda ironic. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure