Boosting Income - Stay at home mum

Hi,

Do any of you ladies live in rented accommodation and are a stay at home parent? If so, how do you earn extra money or do you rely on OH to earn for the household?

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    blondy24 wrote: »
    Hi,

Do any of you ladies live in rented accommodation and are a stay at home parent? If so, how do you earn extra money or do you rely on OH to earn for the household?

I used to switch gas/electricity tariffs for cashback. I haven't done that in a while though but you can make quite a lot doing it every few months.

I have recently made quite a lot of cash opening new bank accounts, setting up direct debits then switching the bank account to get a switching bonus. I think in the last few months I've made somewhere near £1,000.

I play free bingo. I wouldn't recommend this if you get any joy out of gambling. I also do matched betting.

I search on here for unbelievably good deals which reduce the grocery spend.

No I do not rely on my OH's income. It is though very helpful allowing us to go out more as a family.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We have the "boost your income" board - there's a lot of things on there you can do to earn some extra cash.
  • Now I should stay at home, but I always keep working, I make different gifts for sale, so I can earn some money, moreover, its my hobby!)
  • Serena03
    Serena03 Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Blogging is a good way to earn a bit of money, it is fun, you can work with a number of brands. To get started it may be a bit of hard work and you may have to do stuff for free until you get a good following on your blog and social channels. Once that's done though you can command a fee for promoting/editorial/reviews and a lot of the blogging can be done when your LO's are sleeping/nursery/nighttime etc
    'Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about';):)
  • I know a couple of people who do virtual PA'ing. So they can work from home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure