Tsb current account switch

Options
Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me with this. I went through moneysavingexpert to open a tsb current account on 20th January 2016 and switched everything over in order to claim my £100 bonus, but this hasn't gone in. I've checked the terms and conditions and followed everything, which included paperless statements, 2 direct debits and opening by 8th February 2016 , but it hasn't gone in and it's been more than 28 days. I went in to my local tsb branch yesterday but they said I need to have a look on here. Has anyone else switched to this account or experienced this?
Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I'd put in a formal complaint about being told by the bank to look on here, you need to speak to the bank again and get them to review your account.

This isn't an uncommon occurrence, many times it gets corrected but often people haven't always done everything that is required, so ring them up but also review their terms and conditions again to confirm you've met all of them.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fento158 wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I hope someone can help me with this. I went through moneysavingexpert to open a tsb current account on 20th January 2016 and switched everything over in order to claim my £100 bonus, but this hasn't gone in. I've checked the terms and conditions and followed everything, which included paperless statements, 2 direct debits and opening by 8th February 2016 , but it hasn't gone in and it's been more than 28 days. I went in to my local tsb branch yesterday but they said I need to have a look on here. Has anyone else switched to this account or experienced this?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

What was the actual account switch date as the 28 days is from the completion of the switch (using the automated current account switching service) which therefore depending on the switch date you selected time may not be up yet (as opening date would be different from the switch date).

If you can't remember what date you set, have you got a letter from your old bank you switched from as mine sent me one just confirming that they had received the switch request from them and as requested the switch would complete on x date.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • Chrissy76
    Options
    Hi Sarah,
    I also went through moneysavingexpert to open a tsb current account my switch date was the 27th January 2016 and I followed all the terms of the account, fully switching with two active Direct debits and paying in £500, I also made sure that I allowed cookies on my browser before applying, the terms stated that the bonus would be paid in 28 days after the switch completed but i've not received it yet. Just wondering if you have received your bonus yet or if anyone else has had this problem resolved with TSB.

Thanks

Christine
  • spiderpig40
    Options
    I have just got off the phone to them,they said my account was not one passed over from moneysavingexpert site,i.e i did not follow the link from m.s.e ,they have not got this info from m.s.e so i will not be payed out!,i can assure you that i did follow everything correctly as there is no other way of being referred to the banks incentive other than through m.s.e as they were the only site running this offer?so i guess that m.s.e gets a nice fee from tsb each time anyone opens a account,this then makes the site not in the slightest inpartial so i wonder how many other companies are on the books of m.s.e.Just to add that i enabled cookies,also within the time frame and met the criteria fully.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    I have just got off the phone to them,they said my account was not one passed over from moneysavingexpert site,i.e i did not follow the link from m.s.e ,they have not got this info from m.s.e so i will not be payed out!,i can assure you that i did follow everything correctly as there is no other way of being referred to the banks incentive other than through m.s.e as they were the only site running this offer?so i guess that m.s.e gets a nice fee from tsb each time anyone opens a account,this then makes the site not in the slightest inpartial so i wonder how many other companies are on the books of m.s.e.Just to add that i enabled cookies,also within the time frame and met the criteria fully.

Links don't track 100% of the time.

Just take your complaint to the FOS. If TSB don't back down that will cost them £500 plus VAT.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    There's another thread discussing it here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5419552

I'm waiting for mine to be paid out, due date is next Fri 11 March so will update accordingly.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • k_davies
    Options
    Same here TSB Claim account was not one passed over from moneysavingexpert site. No £100 switching bonus. 100% certain I followed all the requirements . About time moneysavingexpert investigated this as it does look like they are to blame as a number of people have had the same problem. wonder how many others have lost out on this also
  • pne
    pne Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I ticked all the boxes when switching my account but TSB said I was not "on their list" to receive the incentive. I switched using the MSE link, turned on cookies and satisfied all the criteria but because I still wasn't on their list. Anyone else have the same issue? Maybe the link doesn't always work? TSB told me the incentive is paid 28 days after switching.
  • pne
    pne Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Perhaps MSE could investigate whether the link ALWAYS works. I suspect the reason many people aren't on the incentive list is because of cookies.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I switched using the Moneysupermarket link, my incentive was due today and I haven't received anything yet.

I will be giving TSB a call later today.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure