Transfer and help to buy

Options
I am sorry if that has been asked before but I am very confused and need to make an urgent decisions for personal reasons. That's why I am posting this questions.
Simple Yes/ No answers from somebody in the know would be OK.

1. If I transfer my cash ISA (previous years) to the new provider this is NOT opening new ISA so I CAN open Help to Buy ISA in the same year? --> please correct me if I am wrong on this.

2. If I have transferred the previous years cash ISA to new provider AND opened Help To Buy ISA - can I still contribute to both each month?

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. No

But why do you want to use a normal cash ISA?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Krzyzakmed wrote: »
    2. If I have transferred the previous years cash ISA to new provider AND opened Help To Buy ISA - can I still contribute to both each month?
    jimjames wrote: »
    2. No

Although OP was looking for simple yes/no answers, the answer to question 2 is actually "no, unless both are with one of the providers who operates the split ISA model", i.e. OP can do what they want with the likes of Nationwide.

I agree (as usual) that anyone looking at a non-HTB cash ISA really needs to look further!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure