Anything stopping me from having a HISA and a stocks and shares ISA?

Options
I currently have a cash ISA as well significant savings for a deposit. I am getting married and she has a HISA and hoping that we can try and buy before the end of next year. We have saving spread across high interest current accounts, regular savers and easy access too. We are thinking about getting other high interest current accounts. But I wanted to know if in the new tax year I could open a HISA for me as well as opening a stocks Isa whilst still holding the cash Isa which is a fixed term? I'm not certain that its the right ideas but wanted to know if I could do that if I thought it was best to do that.
Mortgage Debt £53,879.68 as of 2nd July
Help to Buy Equity Loan Debt £26,799
Total Debt: £80,678.68 of £133,995 two bed house

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But I wanted to know if in the new tax year I could open a HISA for me as well as opening a stocks Isa whilst still holding the cash Isa which is a fixed term? I'm not certain that its the right ideas but wanted to know if I could do that if I thought it was best to do that.

You can legally have
    1. a dormant cash ISA (i.e. one you don't make deposits into)
    2. an S&S ISA you deposit into
    3. an HTB ISA
    all at the same time.

Whether it would make to make sense for a first time buyer to also hold a cash ISA and/or an S&S ISA is an entirely different matter. I would say that for 99%+ people it would not, for reasons discussed many times in many other threads.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure