New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Block Paving Quotes

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Is This Quote Fair?
55 replies 335.5K views
12346»

Replies

• FurtsFurts Forumite
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robinzx9r wrote: »
    We used a company called pps-uk-ltd.com, they came resurfaced our driveway with a permeable resin bound paving 7 months ago they charged £50m2, me and the wife are extremely happy with the product and price plus it still looks like new today with just a quick power wash... so thumbs up here..

But thumbs down from me. Seven months is far from a realistic time to judge the durability of a job. Equally £50 per metre square is a ridiculous price to pay for a resin coating. Add to this the sub contracting and lack of control that exists and my observation is "Buyer Beware"
  • densol_2densol_2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    I'm just having 100 sm of block paving removed and replaced with 3 colour tumbled blocks in grey. They have excavated nice and deep - massive amount of earth removed !

100 sm = triple drive, all pathways and also 5 large flower beds ( already there ) with grey curbing ( was 32 metres )

£7950 plus VAT - greater London,
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • mtamneemtamnee Forumite
    1 posts
    We live in London. We want to create a 25sqm driveway in our front garden. The law requires a permeable product / blocks to be used if over 25sqm .. we don't want to apply for planning permission hence the 25sqm. A small garden wall 40 cm x 600 cm will need to be partially knocked down and partially replaced. We will retain approx. 50% of the flowerbeds. No planting will be required but a 1.5 m x 6 m hedge will need to be removed.

What sort of ball park sum should I expect for a permeable block clay paving with an appropriate sub soil aggregate plus hedge removal ?
    How much cheaper would it be if we used non permeable blocks ?

Please help !
  • Not too sure if I'm a little bit late with this reply but apparently you can use a DIY Method. Im not too sure on the company but their is some sealer that they are selling on eBay or i believe they can visit you and do it from your home, seems a simple enough form for a quotation.

i believe if you google hi bond block paving sealer that they should show up

- hope i wasn't to late

- John
  • andre_xsandre_xs Forumite
    153 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Hi,
    just to add to this thread: We want to get our driveway block paved. First quote was £3600 for the following works:
    - Remove old driveway (mixture of slabs, grass, walls, bushes)
    - foundation for new driveway
    - cheap blocks
    - 58 sq meters (i.e., £62/sq meter)
    - a "step" for the door
    - drain at the bottom of the driveway (it has a slope towards the street)
    - incl all materials and labour
    - area: Greater London (St Albans, Hertfordshire)

If they are using slabs instead of bricks, they'd charge £2900 (£50/sq meter)

Not too sure whether this company is dubious/fine or not, will try to get more quotes.

Do you think this is reasonable or overly cheap?

Best wishes,
    Andre
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support