MSE News: Urgent – the MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 ends soon

Options
MSE_Luke
MSE_Luke Posts: 295 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
The clock's ticking for you to take advantage of cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...
Read the full story:
'Urgent – the MSE Big Energy Switch Event 4 ends soon'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• NittyGritty
    Options
    waste of time for me, my current Eon Sept 15 MSE collective is STILL cheaper than your CURRENT collective believe it or not lol
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Your post would have more credibility if you stopped regurgitating the attention grabbing headline:

cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...

as shown in this thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5414102
  • Minx1986
    Options
    really disapointed, I wanted to switch, but Sainsburys Energy were insistant that I had to wait until 42 days before or I would be charged an exit penelty, so I've now missed out by 4 days :( Whens the next big switch?
    26/05/2018 = I DID IT! I am DEBT FREE!
    Debts repaid since 06/02/2015 = £23,079
    Mortgage...forever!!!! - But who cares, when all I've ever wanted is my own place!:j
  • Former_MSE_Roxanne
    Options
    Minx1986 wrote: »
    really disapointed, I wanted to switch, but Sainsburys Energy were insistant that I had to wait until 42 days before or I would be charged an exit penelty, so I've now missed out by 4 days :( Whens the next big switch?

Hi Minx1986,

We don't have details for any future collectives just yet! When we do, it'll be written about in the weekly email:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Noodle have a big switch going on if you signed up for it. Some might be cheaper than the BG event
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Nathan94
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Noodle have a big switch going on if you signed up for it. Some might be cheaper than the BG event

Did you mean Noddle?

If so, that's just another disguised EnergyHelpLine comparison.

I'd suggest using Tariff Team (another disguisd EHL site) but they will give you a possible £30 cashback :)
  • audigex
    audigex Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    Rubidium wrote: »
    Your post would have more credibility if you stopped regurgitating the attention grabbing headline:

cheaper than the cheapest gas and electricity...

as shown in this thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5414102

While true, there's a valid point that for most people it is cheaper than the cheapest. Perhaps they could have been super-clear either in the title or elsewhere that it's possible, in some circumstances, to beat it...

At the same time I'll say that to me, it's a shame that forum membership doesn't count towards the "Existing member" definition. I've been a member on here for a long time but hadn't seen the list to sign up for these switches
    "You did not pull yourself up by your bootstraps. You were lucky enough to come of age at a time when housing was cheap, welfare was generous, and inflation was high enough to wipe out any debts you acquired. I’m pleased for you, but please stop being so unbearably smug about it."
  • jrs101
    jrs101 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello

I am an existing customer of Npower and another tariff of there's has come up top on the CEC list.

I want to know would I receive cashback of £30 if I switch tariff?

thanks
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    jrs101 wrote: »
    Hello

I am an existing customer of Npower and another tariff of there's has come up top on the CEC list.

thanks

Hi there

You can currently switch tariffs with Npower through CEC and you would remain eligible for cashback after 3 months,.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    jrs101 wrote: »
    Hello

thanks

Hi there

You can currently switch tariffs with Npower through CEC and you would remain eligible for cashback after 3 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure