Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017

Options

Comments

• Loka_loka
    Loka_loka Posts: 64 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2017 at 12:09AM
    Options
    Can I just ask what your children were getting in practice papers in P6 (rough percentage would be great please!)

Our school has recently started to do a test a week. It's GL that we will be sitting. My P6 is getting between 50-70% on his, is this enough given that he has 8 months to get more experience?

It will all depend on the papers the school are giving...our school used old 11 plus papers..we were told that they needed to be scoring in 30s (out of 52) in April / May to be in running to get an A.

Ask the school what previous pupils have been scoring at this stage to get an A or whatever grade you need to aim for for your preferred school. Also ask what they would be predicting the child to score based on the annual test they do (PIE / PIM)
  • spendaholiceejit
    Options
    Thanks Lisa, looks like he might be able to get to that level then. There have been 44 questions in each test so far. I don't think the school will be able to tell me what the scores were last year since the teacher who took them is off sick.

The only reason that they've started this year so early is that one of the P6 parents is a teacher in another school and she's put some pressure on.

At Christmas we were told his his PIE/PIM was 119 for English and 128 for maths. He's August born too, so I've worked out that he'll be standardised against other August children. It's so confusing, but always great to hear from people who have been through it already.
  • Loka_loka
    Options
    With those scores he should sail through! Good luck!
  • Bambi1980
    Options
    Got my DD's raw scores back

March birthday - AQE score 104
    Paper 1 - 48 (75%)
    Paper 2 - 52 (81 1/4%)
    Paper 3 - 44 (68 3/4%)

Obviously we don't know which papers were her better two due to not knowing the average marks per paper for her month group but it should give future parents a guide of how kids are doing.

Anyone else got raw scores back that they wish to share?
  • amandajim36
    Options
    Still waiting on sons
  • Busymum123
    Options
    You might want to check out a facebook support group which is invaluable to ask questions and get advice on all sorts of AQE / GL questions. Just a group of parents dealing with the everyday challenges and questions around the process but last year the parents thought it was invaluable. If you go to facebook and search for AQEGLSupportGroup the picture is orange and is a group of adults holding hands. About 900 members.
  • Suzuki1
    Options
    My daughter raw scores were

1 - 49
    2 - 56
    3 - 52

AQE score 109 - July Birthday

Clearly the papers were hard!
  • Flashfriend
    Options
    My daughters raw scores last year were 42, 49 and 53. AQE = 103. September Birthday. Lower than her practice papers unfortunately.
    She got her into 1st choice school and is doing well.
    My son is starting AQE prep now so that's why I'm interested in your raw scores. Thanks for posting!
  • Carebear82
    Options
    I posted the form to request raw scores on 6th February and still waiting.....................
  • amandajim36
    Options
    Got sons aqe scores
    Test 1 51
    Test 2 56
    Test 3 48

Aqe score 111 with a march birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing