Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017

Options

Comments

• candy_kid
    Options
    I think I'll buy some aqe papers even though she's probably already done some of them, as long as she's happy and still wants to do papers, hopefully doing some of the papers again she might remember were she made the mistakes. I can only hope...
  • Mumof3boysNI
    Options
    dee1000 wrote: »
    Well last night my son got 70%, very pleased with the effort he is now starting to make even if it is a bit late!!
    Jut wondering how much is his answers due to memory, I am giving him the past AQE papers purchased directly from them.
    I am now just rotating them over and over again. I know the same maths questions especially come up year and year again.
    He is still making really silly mistakes I have even seen him adding up a sum correctly and transferring the answer wrong on to his paper.

Hi, I would recommend doing other papers such as windmill, CEA Practice Tests or the Transfer Test website papers. Like May100 we have left the school to do the real AQE papers. I feel this lets my son know where he really stands in the whole process. When he brings home a paper that he has done we go over the paper and focus on what he's got wrong eg probability. I will then make up or give him questions on that area of weakness.
    If you aren't doing AQE papers in school though that is tough! I'm glad my son's school does help put them through this process!
  • dee1000
    dee1000 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for this advice, our school is taking the kids and keeping them an hour later on a Thursday, but you should see the papers that they are being given. I really do appreciate their help but the papers are nothing like the real ones. They look as if they are 100 years old and not CEA or from Transfer test website. Some of the questions in them don't really come up in the AQE test. Some kids in my childs class have actually asked the teacher "my mum wants to know what are these papers because there not anything like the real papers" Kids just tend to blurt out the truth and say what they hear, poor teacher lol.
    Anyway I do appreciate their help so don't want to complain too much.
    I bought the papers direct from AQE, they do cost a wee bit of money but felt because the papers are quite repetitive they would be my best option. They are way back to 2010 so quite a lot of papers.

D xx
  • candy_kid
    candy_kid Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I rang aqe office this morning and ordered from 2012 papers, two weeks for them to send them out so I said I would collect them tomorrow myself.
  • jab0905
    jab0905 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    My little angel has decided to stress me out this week! Percentages have dropped from in the 80's and the occasional 90's to 70% at start of the week and 66% today! :eek:

Teacher did say that today's test was much harder than any they had done so far!! Has been a bit under the weather with a sinus infection and hasn't been sleeping very well. Will be glad when this whole process is over and life can get back to normal!!
  • May100
    May100 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    I have been looking at the papers for each year. There always seems to be one trickier than the others usually either a paper 2 or paper 3. Glad it is the best 2 out of 3 that will be counted.
    Still making silly mistakes here... in the maths mainly. Rushing too much and not reading the question. Hopefully Jab 095 she'll have a rest over weekend and will be back on track next week. Maybe give her some really easy revision to restore her confidence if it has been dented a bit with the lower results
  • candy_kid
    Options
    Well yesterday I went and got the aqe papers from there office so when I got them home I had a We read through them, there is one harder paper it seems to usually be paper 3. My DD has done some of papers I got but when she is doing them in school even if the kids look at the clock or look around the room the teacher gives of so my DD papers marks in school have always been lower, I'll get her to do the papers at home again to see how the scores change.

8 weeks today and it's all over.
  • May100
    Options
    Casndy. The easons papers are good too. I'd be concerned if she is re doing papers that she'll get an inflated score if she remembers the answers esp the English. The maths you can't remember as easily. Maybe do some papers she has seen but she'll need practice at the unseen ones to get ready for the real thing.
    Just wondered if anyone has been to familarisaton days yet? I haven't heard from our grammar school yet.
  • candy_kid
    Options
    We have done Eason papers up to number 16, the school is also doing the transfer test.com papers, so it's all go for the next few weeks.
  • May100
    Options
    Oh Candy that's a lot o work.

At the moment my DS has 2 tests in school and so much homework that he is doing very little else. He did one one of the freebies from Belfast Telegraph last week but it is only 45 mins or so. I may persuade him to do Easons no 23 tomorrow. I just wish I could teach him how to check his maths as he is trhowing away a few dead easy marks..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure