Compensation rejected

I put in a claim back in March 2014 for compensation which was rejected as the airline said it was not their fault. There was an issue with the plane. The flight was in 2008 so I put the original claim in within 6 years. I understand there is a new ruling that says technical faults are the airline's fault. I noticed it has gone to the European court and as such cannot now be over ruled.
Does anyone know if my original claim can count, as I did submit it in time. I am unsure whether to reinstate with the airline or to go to the CAA. This would not be a new claim.
Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.

Replies

• edited 16 February 2016 at 7:56PM
    Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    edited 16 February 2016 at 7:56PM
    Sorry, You would have needed to start Court proceedings within the 6 years not just put in a claim. Looks like they have strung you along to get past the deadline. Nothing you can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals