Anyone price match vodafone?

Options
Would any of the other phone companies lower their new customer deals to get closer to what vodafone are offering?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well im leaving vodafone for Life who are cheaper..

Depends what deal you want.

Im going SIM only and £6 for 1500 min, unl txt and 1GB data. 1 month contract only. So i can move on quickly if i want to.

Extra £4 you can get unl min, unl txt and 3Gb data with Life. Same 1 month contract. Voda offered to match that but with a 12month contract.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    OP *if* you do go ahead and join Life Mobile make sure you have a decent EE signal where you live/work as that's the network they "piggy back" on.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    Price match Vodafone? So you want the other company to increase their price?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Price match Vodafone? So you want the other company to increase their price?

He's probably talking about the current special offer on Vodafone of £20 for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 20GB of tetherable data, and a choice of 12 months subscription to either Netflix, Spotify Premium, NowTV or SkySports Mobile.

No one else is offering a comparable deal.
    ====
  • joeluken
    joeluken Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    He's probably talking about the current special offer on Vodafone of £20 for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 20GB of tetherable data, and a choice of 12 months subscription to either Netflix, Spotify Premium, NowTV or SkySports Mobile.

No one else is offering a comparable deal.

That's a good deal for 12 months but those taking it need to watch they don't roll onto the £40 per month at the end of the min term.

It seems the way the contact is setup it's 12 month at half price then it continues to roll at £40 per month ! I suspect Voda is hoping people forget about the increase.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    joeluken wrote: »
    It seems the way the contact is setup it's 12 month at half price then it continues to roll at £40 per month ! I suspect Voda is hoping people forget about the increase.

Standard for most, if not all, contracts of this type across all providers. Mobile/TV/Broadband etc.
  • joeluken
    joeluken Posts: 182 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2016 at 2:38PM
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Standard for most, if not all, contracts of this type across all providers. Mobile/TV/Broadband etc.

Not sure about that. With my Three sim only contract the discounted price continued after the minimum term.

Having looked at the Voda online store it isn't clear that the price goes up to £40 after the 12 month minimum term. Accodring to those that purchased this deal this is stated on the contract documentation but wasn't clear when the pucrhase was made.

EDIT - Just had a live chat with Vodafone about this plan and the agent states states that the price will not increase to £40 after the minimum 12 month term is reached and will continue to roll. Maybe some confusion over the purchase confirmation email wording that made some thik it goes up !
  • Merv987
    Merv987 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    The deal through carphonewarehouse is S6 for £30 then 2gb a month 1000mins unlimited texts for £21, no one else is near that. Trouble is i'm not a new customer.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    And that matters because...?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merv987 wrote: »
    The deal through carphonewarehouse is S6 for £30 then 2gb a month 1000mins unlimited texts for £21, no one else is near that. Trouble is i'm not a new customer.

So get your PAC, port out and then port back to the new connection. Plenty of info on how to do it on the forum.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport