We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NIE electricity box replacement?

In_For_A_Penny_2
In_For_A_Penny_2 Posts: 345 Forumite
edited 16 February 2016 at 4:36PM in N. Ireland
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know where to get a replacement electricity meter box (specifically box door)?

I have contacted NIE and they can not help. I understand it is my responsibility to maintain. B&Q/homebase do not sell them. The company Hampton mouldings, Tetbury no longer seem to manufacture these (brown door 78 x 25cm).

Anyone??

Comments

• steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I had a similar problem when I moved house, the hinge on my box was broken and I too contacted NIE to get a replacement, even offered to pay for it :o

They said to contact the builders, unfortunately the house was over 10 years old and the builders long gone :( B&Q and home base couldn't help so I had to do a heath robinson hinge repair and apply some heated moulding plastic myself. Damn fine job I made of it too :rotfl:

I can only suggest trying builder suppliers like Lowdens etc… thay have been very helpful in the past even when they didn't stock an item they ordered it i for me or told me where else I could get it.

Good Luck.
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • steveymp wrote: »
    so I had to do a heath robinson hinge repair and apply some heated moulding plastic myself. Damn fine job I made of it too :rotfl:

There could be a gap in the market there for you! Might have to try something similar but will look around.

Cheers!
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,751 Forumite
    10 Posts Cashback Cashier Mortgage-free Glee! First Anniversary
    try ebay.....The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ebay has them so does Amazon
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Ebay has them so does Amazon

Sadly not but thanks for all the suggestions. . .
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 9 February 2016 at 9:12PM
    professional builders suppliers have them. NOT B&Q

try Haldane Fisher
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Box doors available here - might have your type http://www.meterboxes.co.uk/pdf/brochures/meter.PDF
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Phone an electrician, they will able to get you one
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Well I put 'meter box' in Dr Google & got about 2 million pages !!!
    Picked on out for you.......
    https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Product/Building-Materials/Civils+Drainage/Utilities+Services/Meter-Boxes/c/1500063
    Travis Perkins branches throughout the country
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.