Sick with worry

Options
124»

Comments

• jazza6
    jazza6 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    BP1ME, Another casualty, Wingco44, from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you. Do you ever feel there is so much to take in that you can't quite take it all in? My head is swimming. You've all been great with advice and I shall consider it all very carefully. Strangely enough I was going to email HR yesterday re staying on after 65 but never got round to it. I shall now take your advice and say nothing. Who knows what my health will be like anyway at that age.

Do I contact the credit card companies myself or will Stepchange do that? I want to give my husband a solution rather than a problem and Wingco44 you hit it on the head "Your husband doesn't sound like the type of guy that is going to forgive you a second time around." Why would he forgive me, I would be hard-pressed to forgive someone like me!

We have a bank account in joint names which is for bills only. I know that if I go to Stepchange then it's going to show up in any searches my husband gets for credit and for renewing the mortgage. I'm going to have to wrack my brains to try and find a way of getting my name off the account so that if he applies for credit, he doesn't get barred because of me. I've taken onboard also what you have said about visiting my GP. I certainly don't want to be popping pills.

Wingo44 - "Put into context, £20,000 could be paid off at £1000 pa in 20 years and you would be a worry free 85 yr old. Doing nothing is not an option" When I retire I will only have my state pension although I will try and work on as long as I can even if I have to go part-time. I agree doing nothing is not an option and I am starting to look haggard through worry - even friends have commented that I look exhausted!
  • Kitty777
    Kitty777 Posts: 450 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    jazza6, I hope you have managed to get a few minutes peace at least today..

I just wanted to offer you a virtual hug, and my thoughts.

I do think it is best you tell your Husband, and I do think that although he will be angry and confused to begin with that he will stick by you. There may be a temporary break up but trust me it is so much better with him on board...you deserve some support even if you have made big mistakes.

As for step change contacting your credit card companies, I know the CAB do it for you if you wish so I would imagine they would too. CAB and step change really are amazing. They helped my mother with a similar amount of debt to yours.

You have made the first step, with posting here. Don't stop now, keep going and soon you will feel more in control.

Thinking of you,
    Helen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family