IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Ltd PCN some advice please!

Options
loulix45
loulix45 Posts: 55 Forumite
edited 6 February 2016 at 10:51AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello all! This is my second time on here regarding a parking fine (first one being a Parking Eye appeal unheld by POPLA :j) and I'm quite happy to challenge this one also but would be grateful of a little help.

So here's a bit of background:

I wasn't the driver, but I'm the registered keeper. The car was parked on the road where there are no lines but apparently this is a private road! My husband suffers from PTSD as a result from serving 30 years in the military and can sometimes become confused and disorientated and this was a particularly bad day for him. I'm not using this as an excuse but as a mitigating factor in this case.

I appealed directly to VCS with this information and attached his medical certificate but it was rejected. I have attached their reply which I find confusing for the following reasons:

1. I sent in the appeal, no one else although I used my husbands email.
2. The car was parked on the road, not in a car park??

It is also stated on the original ticket that the car is silver but it's grey. Another discrepancy is that they have used contravention codes 81 - parked in a resticted area of a car park and AO - other (specify) but there are no secifics relating to this code on the ticket.

I also think that a £100 fine is ridiculously over the top.

Do any of you good people think that this is worth a shot or should I just pay up?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• loulix45
    loulix45 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Is there any way I can attach the reply as a PDF file??
  • arthurx1234
    Options
    "suffers from PTSD as a result from serving 30 years in the military and can sometimes become confused and disorientated and this was a particularly bad day for him."

So was it really a good idea to let him drive that day?

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "suffers from PTSD as a result from serving 30 years in the military and can sometimes become confused and disorientated and this was a particularly bad day for him."

So was it really a good idea to let him drive that day?

Arthur

Yet another really helpful post from our Arf! What do you get off on fella?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • loulix45
    Options
    Many thanks for your totally unhelpful reply Arthur. Without going into too much detail about a very difficult and personal condition, bouts of PTSD can happen at any time.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please edit your post, you shouldn't give any clues as to the drivers identity
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 February 2016 at 10:49AM
    Options
    VCS are IPC members so you now have two options.

1. Ignore for six years unless you get real court papers.
    2. Make an IAS kangaroos court appeal and then ignore for six years unless you get real court papers.

Whatever you do, do not pay these scammers.

Only you can decide, but IPC members probably wouldn't want their shoddy underhanded dealings being put in front of a judge.

Complain to your MP, as well as local, and national news media. The Daily Wail love this sot of thing and would probably run a story on it because your OH is ex military.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Please edit your post, you shouldn't give any clues as to the drivers identity

Too late. The OP has sent Vehicle Scumbags Limited a medical certificate with the driver's name on it.
  • loulix45
    Options
    Yes, I'm afraid I did. Is it worth appealing do you think and should I threaten them with .media exposure?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 6 February 2016 at 11:03AM
    Options
    loulix45 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm afraid I did. Is it worth appealing do you think and should I threaten them with .media exposure?

I can't advise you either way. Some people say that if you appeal and lose, it may look worse than not appealing. Others say that if you appeal and lose the parking company would not want their ridiculous kangaroo court decision put in front of a judge.

I wouldn't contact the parking scammers but I would however go to the media and your MP.

Please also read this and get everyone you know to sign the petition.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5365003
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In this instance, I would not make an IAS appeal. I usually recommend that one does, but in your case, you have given up the driver. If they come after you as RK, just let them serve the papers on you and when you submit your court papers, your simple defence is that they have acknowledged that you were not the driver and, therefore, have no case to answer.

This advice is based upon the fact that you would be the one being taken to court and that your husband doesn't receive any follow up mail in his name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure