🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit file & electoral register issues

Options
I've over the past 6 months now and again applied for a credit card, both times flatly refused.

Anyway turns out my electoral register isn't present at all on my credit rating, despite updating Mcr City council. for some reason they've failed to update the credit referencing agencies!?!?!?

On Noddle my report is 3/5 and a score of 575 (poor)

Anyway, got sick of it so put in a dispute with Noddle last week, and they've confirmed they're amending my credit report to have me on the electoral role (yay?)

Anyway, they say it'll be about 28 days for it to update.

I need to know, will Noddle doing this mean it's updated universally, so all reference agencies will see me on the credit files?

Mcr City Council insist I'm on electoral role and I need to speak to credit agency.

My credit rating used to be good but crashed when I lost the electoral role.

I'm hoping once I'm on it my rating will jump back up, as I've never ever missed a direct debit or gone into unarranged OD. I've had credit card with NatWest with a 3k balance on, paid it off in full, and currently use maybe 500 a month and pay it off.

Had an MBNA card too and paid that off, so I'm quite reliable I'm hoping I end up with a good credit report as I want to get my hands on another interest free deal soon!!!!!

Comments

• Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel like a broken record saying this but your credit scores don't mean anything. Lenders do not use them and the credit reference agencies do not lend money so whatever score they give you is like a broken pencil....pointless.

When you move home and update your address on the electoral register it isn't updated instantly with the credit reference agencies. I believe this information is only updated twice a year.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Noddle updating their records doesn't mean Experian and Equifax will automatically change too - you have to contact them separately and check.

Can take a few months for the info to be updated across all the agencies so if I were you I'd probably check my files say April time and if it is showing, then try and apply for a card.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport