Injured by a store worker

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A heavy built store worker knocked and pushed into me which caused my shoulder to ache and pain for sometime after it happened causing a temporary injury. The worker didn't even stop to acknowledge what they had done and just carried on walking past. No one in the store seemed to care.

I know it sounds minor but I was in pain well after it happened and even when I got home I was still aching.

What are my rights in this sort of situation?

What an appropriate username. :D
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    I have quite a big handbag and someone turned the corner into it yesterday in Tescos. Better ready to solicitors for that? Maybe I can counter sue for wear and tear on my bag.

I'm picturing a *very* large handbag :eek:

;)
  • Johnnytwostep
    Options
    Sue the worker, and the shop too.

I suggest you go to a solicitor for the free half hour consultation that some, if not all give.

If, when you tell the solicitor what happened, they stop laughing within the half-hour, you may get some advice.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    I'm picturing a *very* large handbag :eek:

;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D_CqXqUx7b8/TfMXWPFDOaI/AAAAAAAAK0E/kMJFtiIBNbY/s400/IMG_0034.jpg

I should need a license for it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    And sunglasses! Is it a designer one?

Some idiot nearly took my head off on Saturday on the bus, she came past me from behind (she was getting off) and had a massive bag in the crook of her elbow and cracked me on the head with it.

Mannerless oik never even apologised either. :mad:

ETA:
    getting back on topic, the bus driver wasn't interested in the assault and Stagecoach didn't seem to care either.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Hahaha just cath kidston. I don't usually keep bricks in it though so it should be a nice soft clip to the ear haha
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hahaha just cath kidston. I don't usually keep bricks in it though so it should be a nice soft clip to the ear haha
    Really?
    Very unlike most CK bags I've seen.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Really?
    Very unlike most CK bags I've seen.

Yup! It is very different though, I agree. They only made three designs of this 'doctor' style bag, the other two are more CK style. It has a blue floral inside just to remind you its CK haha.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    Reminds me of when I first got a part time job in Asda at 16. It was Xmas time and they had just had a delivery of Sharna toy pedal cars in. One was a rolls Royce.

The Boss wanted them hanging from the ceiling in the main aisle of the store. I got asked to do it. I was lifted up on a stacker truck to tie it up. I used thick twine and after a lot of sweat, tears and nerves got down.
    The next morning, the boss didnt like it, so he got some other staff to do it, but using cat gut twine( like fishing line).. All went well for a few hours. The store went weirdly quiet in foreboding. There was a twanging noise, then another, then another and then all hell let loose.

A lady pensioner was found face first on the floor, with a bright yellow RR sitting on top of her! Medics arrived and she was checked out, but was ok, just shaken.

She didn't make a fuss and found it hilarious that she had been in a collision with a Rolls Royce ! lol

OP, if you are not badly injured, everything has sorted itself out, then just leave it alone. You don't know whether he was running to the aide of someone, chasing a shoplifter etc. He most likely didn't know he bumped into you. There are times to make a fuss, this , to me, is not one of them, you haven't received life altering injuries, just a bit sore.
  • pendragon_arther
    Options
    I've sent you some money towards a course in Karate...
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport