Quick question for 1st card application

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 522 views
Magda_DarcyMagda_Darcy Forumite
16 Posts
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi all

I'm about to apply for a money transfer card to pay off an overdraft badly dented by this year's tax bill. My problem is what to give as my residential status: I rent the house I live in, but have a mortgage on another house (currently unoccupied and on the market, having had to move before it sold). Am I a private tenant or a homeowner?

I have only once applied for a credit card before and it was declined - possibly because I have limited credit history, possibly due to a typo in the postal database for our old house, and possibly because of above residential status confusion. I don't want to get a negative mark for an admin error.

Cheers
Magda

Replies

• edited 30 January 2016 at 8:57PM
    grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 January 2016 at 8:57PM
    It's not a 'quick' question.
    On the face of it you are a tenant. However, 'homeowner' is better, and I don't see any problem with giving the address of your property, but it's best to give the address you are registered to vote at and, generally, it's bad to have two active addresses reported to your credit files.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • CLAPTONCLAPTON Forumite
    41.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which address is registered on your credit files; which is on your bank statements; at which are you on the electoral roll
  • Hmm, will use renting address then, everything is registered here - and we'll be buying it when the other one sells. Just thought having a mortgage payment on file would be confusing.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals