New Post Advanced Search

Parking Ticket from Highview

18 replies 777 views
jillyjacksjillyjacks Forumite
443 posts
Hi first time parking ticket receiver here...please dont shoot me down :-( my bf was driving my car and parked in a Highview car park in a small retail park and obviously overstayed and got a ticket. I have read the thread that says appeal now instead of ignoring but to be honest my head is reeling from all the info in there ( even though I'm sure its fantastic info ) What I'm worried about is if I send the first letter then I will have to potentially take this through a long battle with them ....I feel as though it may be easier to pay the £50 charge ( like I said please dont slate me...I'm genuinly worried about all of this )

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you want us to say?

Either you get your BF to pay, pay yourself, or don't pay and follow the advice in the newbies thread.

If your time doing this is worth more to you both than £50, then you know what to do!
  • I really want to send the first letter because I dont agree with the charge but dont want to get into a long drawn out battle with them whats the sucess rate of them backing down after the firsts letter goes in??
  • I haven't been around lately (had better things to do! ;) ) so I don't know if the rules have changed but it was (until September last year) that you wait for the "Notice To Keeper" before sending your first letter...
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jillyjacks wrote: »
    Hi first time parking ticket receiver here...please dont shoot me down :-( my bf was driving my car and parked in a Highview car park in a small retail park and obviously overstayed and got a ticket. I have read the thread that says appeal now instead of ignoring but to be honest my head is reeling from all the info in there ( even though I'm sure its fantastic info ) What I'm worried about is if I send the first letter then I will have to potentially take this through a long battle with them ....I feel as though it may be easier to pay the £50 charge ( like I said please dont slate me...I'm genuinly worried about all of this )

Well you can pay and feed the scammer or after reading the newbies thread here, you can ask questions.

There are a simple 3 steps
    1: If your B/F was shopping and has a receipt, complain to the CEO of the retailer, tell us who the retailer is and we can give you the email addy and what to say
    2: Appeal to the parking company as per the newbies thread
    3: If they reject it, you can then appeal to an independent appeals service

It's fun to do, all depends if you could use £50 for yourself, or feed the scammers so they can fill up their Aston Martin
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... whats the sucess rate of them backing down after the firsts letter goes in??
    Very low .
  • hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Highview dont use keeper liability, so as your bf was driving you are not liable. As they are not going to work through the 30 million males in the UK to find which one your bf is, they don't know who the driver is either.

You can therefore appeal as follows.

Dear Highview,
    I am appealing as keeper. I was not the driver and was not present at the time. Your notice to keeper is not compliant, failing 9.2.e and 9.2.f of POFA 2012, and therefore I have no liability. Please therefore either cancel the charge or issue a POPLA code.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr._Shoe wrote: »
    I haven't been around lately (had better things to do! ;) ) so I don't know if the rules have changed but it was (until September last year) that you wait for the "Notice To Keeper" before sending your first letter...
    Not necessarily.

Read the newbies FAQ thread at the top of the forum to see advice on how and when to send in the first appeal.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to send the first letter because I dont agree with the charge but dont want to get into a long drawn out battle with them whats the sucess rate of them backing down after the firsts letter goes in??
    Practically zero because why would they, think about it?!

But 100% win rate at POPLA stage.

What more do you need, hoohoo has even written the first appeal to get you the POPLA code (as long as the keeper appeals, NOT the driver).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello Jilly,

as this is Highview, you may wish to know that as a company they have a number of blemishes.

You say he overstayed. How long if I may ask did Highview specify in their signs is the "no return within" period? I bet this essential factor is not even addressed. Keep your eye on this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5402650 .

Regards
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say he overstayed. How long if I may ask did Highview specify in their signs is the "no return within" period? I bet this essential factor is not even addressed.

Complete red herring, unless your b/f left the car park then returned later and the PPC missed the first exit and the second entry and is claiming the entire time between the first entry and the second exit was the duration of parking. Colloquially known here as the 'double dip'.

You've enough to do without chasing shadows!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support