Come on Martin..Get us a collective deal to replace the 3 one plan

Options
sam1970
sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I received the dreaded letter from 3 cancelling my one plan for £15 (Still awaiting the letter for my wife's number).
I strongly think we should all vote with our feet and leave three but I am wondering if MSE can get a collective deal with any net work for the site users (As they do for energy deals) so we all can sign to it...Any thoughts!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    What he said :T :money:
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Three are getting stubborn now and not giving anything away.
    Was with three for about 6yrs on sim only deal
    I asked them if they could match a ID deal and they said No so i said i'm off then and they gave me my pac code.

They would never let you leave that easy before they would try everything to stop you going but no they gave me the pac code with no argument....So now i am with ID Mobile still three network.

So i can't see anybody getting any cheap deals from three and all networks are all getting the same.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a good opportunity for another network to gain thousands of customers from three. As for loyalty, forget it...I always had two contracts with 3 since they started 15 years ago and they still not bothered to keep my custom
  • badbt
    badbt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Yep - it would be great if there could be a collective switch :)
  • badbt
    badbt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    or even a campaign that shows 3 the customer's they'll be losing
  • Danger_Fourpence
    Options
    Was the price hike mentioned on his TV show tonight (was watching the footy)?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ……..Martin?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    In my house had 4 plans with three on the. ONE plan.

All gone along with a broadband dongle, seems nowadays they don't wanna budge with loyalty and pricing
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 January 2016 at 11:01AM
    Options
    Does this affect my existing "Ultimate Internet 200" 1 month - contract which I have had for almost 4 years - paying £12.90 for unlimited internet, 5000 txts and 200 mins ?
    I will be contacting the regulator if it does !
    BBC's article only mentioned the £17 contract being virtually doubled in price - what about the £12.90 contract being virtually tripled ?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Does this affect my existing "Ultimate Internet 200" 1 month - contract which I have had for almost 4 years - paying £12.90 for unlimited internet, 5000 txts and 200 mins ?
    I will be contacting the regulator if it does !
    BBC's article only mentioned the £17 contract being virtually doubled in price - what about the £12.90 contract being virtually tripled ?

Not yet, Three have said they are going to be cancelling all the old plans eventually, but to date they have only been doing the one plan (probably to get rid of the unlimited tethering and the strain it puts on the network).

It's taken them years to resolve the one plan (and still haven't finished) so you should be safe for a while yet, especially as the old £12.90 plan doesn't allow any tethering at all so probably isn't seen as such a resource drain as the one plan.

Why would you contact the regulator? Three have the same right to terminate after the minimum term as you do, it isn't an issue the regulator would get involved in.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport