Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)

Options

Comments

• Al1x
    Al1x Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've actually managed to get a £5 sainsburys voucher!

There is a twitter account that tweets when vouchers are in stock, still very difficult to get a voucher because as soon as the tweet goes out the bounts shop goes super slow. Also getting it in your basket doesn't stop someone out paying for it before you do! Follow anystockbounts
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Well done on getting a voucher!!

Ive almost given up looking. I keep hoping that they manage to sort things out as I was loving my garden centre vouchers but not sure if it will happen.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone seen the email this morning? They've done away with the premium subscription and now you can only get vouchers through challenges
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • jmclusky
    jmclusky Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, I got that email too. Luckily I managed to redeem some points yesterday (finally!) which (assuming it comes through) means that I am 'even' and have made back my membership fee. Bad luck to anyone who paid money for nothing though.

Ultimately this might mean that Bounts is actually a sustainable business moving forward... I couldn't see how their business model would work otherwise.
  • codemonkey
    Options
    I made back my membership fee thankfully, so haven't lost anything. So glad I didn't sign up for the three year deal!

I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I guess it depends on the challenges and what vouchers are made available for them, but based on their recent challenges, it's not going to be vouchers for things I would want, and if that's the case, there's no point. There are other, better apps for tracking fitness.
  • fragglemoo
    Options
    I've been using Bounts for 18 months and I've got Premium+ and 8000 points who no doubt are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

So Mr Martin Lewis what are you going to do about this fiasco? you promoted them and 'broke' them. Are you going to get us our vouchers and subs back?
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • codemonkey
    edited 28 October 2016 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Hang on, am I right in thinking that you will now have to spend points to enter a challenge for the chance to win a voucher? So it's not even like you'll even actually get a voucher at all?

I notice they've removed themselves from social media.
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    i think i'v lost my money (feeling a bit like i'v been scammed really)(i had paid into it)
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Hang on, am I right in thinking that you will now have to spend points to enter a challenge for the chance to win a voucher? So it's not even like you'll even actually get a voucher at all?

I notice they've removed themselves from social media.

Yes, just noticed their FB has been removed!
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    They basically changed to copy of running heros. You enter challenges for chance to win prizes. Also with running heros you can use your points for money off vouchers on various sports related stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure